Feb 26, 2013, 12:34 PM EDT
Welcome to MotorSports Talk, a new blog site as part of the NBC Sports family that will serve as your hub for all things motorsports.
The primary focus of our coverage will feature content from Formula 1, the IZOD IndyCar Series and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. Expect a substantial amount of news, analysis and particularly video features to go along with NBC’s television partnerships with F1 and IndyCar as the year progresses.
Our four writers that will lead MotorSports Talk have a wealth of motorsports journalism experience.
- Keith Collantine is the creator and writer for the popular F1 Fanatic site and can be followed on Twitter @KeithCollantine.
- Luke Smith is creator and editor at Richland F1, which begins its second season this year. He’s on Twitter @LukeSmithF1.
Both of them will primarily cover the Formula 1 scene from Europe in great detail.
Additionally, MotorSports Talk will include Tony DiZinno and Chris Estrada.
- Tony has most recently served as web editor for RACER Magazine and has more than seven years of experience in the industry. He’s on Twitter @TonyDiZinno.
- Chris launched the Indy Racing Revolution blog site and has served as a contributor to IndyCar’s IndyCar Nation blog. Follow him @estradawriting.
The two will focus on IndyCar and NASCAR, but with some F1 content as well.
It is our goal to look beyond the news and explain “what the news means” – to take what you see on a race weekend and delve deeper into the storylines. There will be some exciting developments to come both from a writing and video perspective as the year progresses.
- Spectator injured but in stable condition after being hit by debris at St. Pete race 0
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 1
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 1
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 9