Welcome to MotorSportsTalk

Feb 26, 2013, 12:34 PM EDT

MST-logo-icon

Welcome to MotorSports Talk, a new blog site as part of the NBC Sports family that will serve as your hub for all things motorsports.

The primary focus of our coverage will feature content from Formula 1, the IZOD IndyCar Series and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. Expect a substantial amount of news, analysis and particularly video features to go along with NBC’s television partnerships with F1 and IndyCar as the year progresses.

Our four writers that will lead MotorSports Talk have a wealth of motorsports journalism experience.

Both of them will primarily cover the Formula 1 scene from Europe in great detail.

Additionally, MotorSports Talk will include Tony DiZinno and Chris Estrada.

The two will focus on IndyCar and NASCAR, but with some F1 content as well.

It is our goal to look beyond the news and explain “what the news means” – to take what you see on a race weekend and delve deeper into the storylines. There will be some exciting developments to come both from a writing and video perspective as the year progresses.

1. alanfors - Feb 27, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I hope you will be commenting on Stadium Super Trucks as well.

2. sportsdrenched - Feb 27, 2013 at 10:03 AM

This is exactly what I need. Another “talk” website to get into. You compatriots at HBT sent me over here.

3. Hunter Pence's Eyes - Feb 27, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Awesome! Love NASCAR, will be checking in daily.

4. randominternetpunter - Feb 27, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Oh dear…I see where this is going.

Anyway..F1 and Indy coverage is great as that’s the coverage you have.
    If your output for Feb 28th is anything like the 27th we’ll need go no further.
    Good Luck to @KeithCollantine,@LukeSmithF1,@TonyDiZinno and@estradawriting

5. hwatt - Feb 27, 2013 at 12:58 PM

when are you guys gonna get a spot on the top banner? I’m gonna forget about this if they don’t make some changes up there. Hiding a blog like they did to Off the Bench doesn’t make any sense. I never know if that thing still exists, and right now this blog is in the same boat.

6. jezza819 - Feb 27, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Great to have a place for F1 talk. Also I’m so glad that Leigh, David, Steve, and Will are doing the broadcasts. I’ve always enjoyed them in the past. Can’t wait for the first race this year.

7. charger383 - Feb 27, 2013 at 10:03 PM

need the up or down thing for comments like they have on PFT

8. lostpuppysyndrome - Mar 1, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Nice! Could use some coverage for MotoGP, WSBK, rally racing, SCCA Trans-Am, and (American) Le Mans though. Just a suggestion :)

9. purplesectornet - Mar 1, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Great! I found my new home! speedtv was getting bad, especially the comments on the F1 articles…sheesh…

Today on NASCAR AMERICA