Mar 3, 2013, 6:45 AM EST
Williams driver Valtteri Bottas has revealed his delight with the new upgrades for his FW35, stating that he can “feel the difference.”
“I could really feel the difference today running the updated bodywork. We saw some improvements immediately but we still need to work on the car balance to maximize the potential.
“Overall, we learnt a lot and it’s nice to see the work everyone has been doing at the factory having a positive influence on the car. It’s now up to us to get the lap time out of it.”
Throughout pre-season, the teams are constantly developing new upgrades for their cars, but the new parts are not always effective. Williams will therefore be pleased with the reaction from their drivers.
Bottas’ belief that the upgrades were beneficial was vindicated by his performance in the test session yesterday, where he finished fifth, just one place behind teammate Pastor Maldonado. The Venezuelan driver was more coy about the impact of the upgrades.
“We have some good data for the engineers to analyse now, so we will see. I was able to do a good time despite the limited running which shows that we are still improving.”
Like many of the teams, Williams will split the final day of testing between their two drivers. Maldonado will complete the morning session in the FW35 before handing over to Bottas in the afternoon.
Video from NASCAR America
- F1 Paddock Pass: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- The F1 champ is crowned on NBCSN from Abu Dhabi this weekend 0
- Alonso: My next move won’t be a surprise for anybody 0
- Will the weight of expectation prove to be too great for Lewis Hamilton in Abu Dhabi? 1
- With Vettel, Alonso, Mercedes and Renault all on the move, Abu Dhabi will mark the end of an era in F1 0
- 2014 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Preview 0
- Sebastian Vettel joins Ferrari for 2015 season, partnering Kimi Raikkonen 0