Mar 3, 2013, 12:57 AM EST
Gayle Busch, the mother of NASCAR’s Kyle and Kurt Busch, was among a group of five people that were injured in a golf cart accident yesterday at Phoenix International Raceway.
According to Cecilia Chan of AZCentral.com, four people were transported to local hospitals as a precautionary measure while Mrs. Busch refused transport. Also in Chan’s report, Avondale Deputy Fire Chief Steve Ellsworth said that the driver of the golf cart was coming down a hill inside PIR’s access tunnel before losing control, which led to the cart flipping.
Kurt Busch tweeted: “Don’t get in any moving vehicle w/ my mom. She was involved in a crash in the tunnel b4 the end of the race. A little banged up.” He later thanked his Twitter followers for “all of the genuine nice thoughts & prayers for my mom.”
NBC affiliate KPNX-TV had the following story on the situation:
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 1
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 1