Mar 3, 2013, 12:57 AM EST
Gayle Busch, the mother of NASCAR’s Kyle and Kurt Busch, was among a group of five people that were injured in a golf cart accident yesterday at Phoenix International Raceway.
According to Cecilia Chan of AZCentral.com, four people were transported to local hospitals as a precautionary measure while Mrs. Busch refused transport. Also in Chan’s report, Avondale Deputy Fire Chief Steve Ellsworth said that the driver of the golf cart was coming down a hill inside PIR’s access tunnel before losing control, which led to the cart flipping.
Kurt Busch tweeted: “Don’t get in any moving vehicle w/ my mom. She was involved in a crash in the tunnel b4 the end of the race. A little banged up.” He later thanked his Twitter followers for “all of the genuine nice thoughts & prayers for my mom.”
NBC affiliate KPNX-TV had the following story on the situation:
- Cost cap, double points for Abu Dhabi part of new FIA regulation changes (10)
- Austin Dillon officially confirmed in RCR’s No. 3 for Sprint Cup (7)
- NASCAR Nation must give Austin Dillon a chance to make his own legacy (7)
- New F1 rules announced Monday create more questions than answers (6)
- Rush receives Golden Globe nominations (5)