Mar 3, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
A quick pit stop has Carl Edwards leading the Subway Fresh Fit 500k at the halfway point.
On Lap 141, Ryan Newman hit the wall for the second time of the afternoon and brought out the caution. Brad Keselowski and pole sitter Mark Martin were the top two at the time, but Edwards was able to beat ’em all out of the pits when everyone came in for service.
Keselowski had been the leader since Lap 128, when he took the point from pole sitter Mark Martin — who had re-assumed the lead by staying out under caution following Newman’s first run-in with the wall on Lap 98.
Martin was forced to give up track position when he pitted under green at Lap 64 after disclosing a possible loose wheel on his No. 55 Toyota. But when a yellow came out one lap later for a Dave Blaney crash, Martin was able to receive the “free pass” and get back on the lead lap. He then drove back into the top 25 before returning to the front of the field on Newman’s aforementioned first incident.
As for those that had to start at the back of the field today, Kurt Busch (damaged primary car in qualifying) and Denny Hamlin (engine change) have both charged into the Top 10. However, Kyle Busch (engine change) is still trying to get up front thanks to a spin and damage he sustained on Lap 48.
Subway Fresh Fit 500k at Phoenix
Top 10 at Lap 156/312 (Halfway Point)
1. Carl Edwards
5. Denny Hamlin
6. Matt Kenseth
8. Kasey Kahne
9. Kurt Busch
10. Greg Biffle
- Cole Custer sails to first career ARCA win at Pocono, 9th first-time winner in series in 2015 0
- Dixon crushes lap record to score pole in Mid-Ohio (VIDEO) 0
- Johansson: Haas has done its homework ahead of F1 entry 0
- Dixon quickest with unofficial lap record in final practice at Mid-Ohio 0
- Dixon fastest on Friday at Mid-Ohio 1
- Hinchcliffe undergoes final surgery, now “can’t wait to be strapping back in” 2
- With 2016 plans undetermined, Newgarden focused on finishing 2015 strong 1