Mar 4, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
When you’re out of the public eye and consciousness for half a year, you need to do something to keep your name in the news.
One of IndyCar’s ideas this offseason since the 2012 season ended Sept. 15 at Auto Club Speedway and 2013 will start again on March 24 in St. Petersburg was to put together a series of short videos chronicling some of the antics around the IndyCar office. Naturally, IndyCar called these, “The Offseason.”
The series, modeled loosely off the NBC adaption of “The Office,” features drivers Will Power, Josef Newgarden (right, with Power laughing), James Hinchcliffe and Charlie Kimball.
If the initial episode (below) generated the most number of views – more than 30,000 on YouTube – there’s only been a couple playing off the racing-related aspects.
The tenth episode, though, was a stroke of genius in compiling some audio clips from 2012 to turn into an interoffice race. The results are below.
On Monday, the 12-episode miniseries concluded with a points tally of how each of the four drivers fared. All the episodes can be found here.
- F1 Paddock Pass: British Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 0
- Emotional Hamilton tears up on last lap of British GP, thanks fans for support en route to win 0
- Hamilton weathers the storm to claim third British GP victory at Silverstone 0
- Hamilton storms to home pole position at British GP 3
- Hamilton closes out British GP practice fastest 0
- Rosberg fastest once again in second British GP practice 0
- Rosberg tops FP1 at Silverstone after gearbox change 0