Mar 4, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
When you’re out of the public eye and consciousness for half a year, you need to do something to keep your name in the news.
One of IndyCar’s ideas this offseason since the 2012 season ended Sept. 15 at Auto Club Speedway and 2013 will start again on March 24 in St. Petersburg was to put together a series of short videos chronicling some of the antics around the IndyCar office. Naturally, IndyCar called these, “The Offseason.”
The series, modeled loosely off the NBC adaption of “The Office,” features drivers Will Power, Josef Newgarden (right, with Power laughing), James Hinchcliffe and Charlie Kimball.
If the initial episode (below) generated the most number of views – more than 30,000 on YouTube – there’s only been a couple playing off the racing-related aspects.
The tenth episode, though, was a stroke of genius in compiling some audio clips from 2012 to turn into an interoffice race. The results are below.
On Monday, the 12-episode miniseries concluded with a points tally of how each of the four drivers fared. All the episodes can be found here.
- Cole Custer sails to first career ARCA win at Pocono, 9th first-time winner in series in 2015 0
- Dixon crushes lap record to score pole in Mid-Ohio (VIDEO) 1
- Johansson: Haas has done its homework ahead of F1 entry 0
- Dixon quickest with unofficial lap record in final practice at Mid-Ohio 0
- Dixon fastest on Friday at Mid-Ohio 1
- Hinchcliffe undergoes final surgery, now “can’t wait to be strapping back in” 2
- With 2016 plans undetermined, Newgarden focused on finishing 2015 strong 1