Mar 4, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
When you’re out of the public eye and consciousness for half a year, you need to do something to keep your name in the news.
One of IndyCar’s ideas this offseason since the 2012 season ended Sept. 15 at Auto Club Speedway and 2013 will start again on March 24 in St. Petersburg was to put together a series of short videos chronicling some of the antics around the IndyCar office. Naturally, IndyCar called these, “The Offseason.”
The series, modeled loosely off the NBC adaption of “The Office,” features drivers Will Power, Josef Newgarden (right, with Power laughing), James Hinchcliffe and Charlie Kimball.
If the initial episode (below) generated the most number of views – more than 30,000 on YouTube – there’s only been a couple playing off the racing-related aspects.
The tenth episode, though, was a stroke of genius in compiling some audio clips from 2012 to turn into an interoffice race. The results are below.
On Monday, the 12-episode miniseries concluded with a points tally of how each of the four drivers fared. All the episodes can be found here.
- Walker: Getting fans “re-ignited” is IndyCar’s biggest challenge (38)
- What’s it cost to compete in Formula One? An IndyCar comparison (21)
- Danica’s in the NASCAR Hall of Fame – sort of (11)
- Ed Carpenter wins pole for the 97th Indianapolis 500 (11)
- NBC Sports to feature 19.5 hours of Monaco coverage, with race live on NBC (8)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement