Mar 5, 2013, 6:30 AM EST
There are just 22 seats to be had in Formula One this year and three of them have gone to up-and-coming talents who are eager to make names for themselves.
Here’s a quick guide to the five new faces in the F1 field in 2013.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Esteban Gutierrez – Sauber
- Like fellow Mexican Sergio Perez he is backed by Escuderia Telmex which enjoys funding from the world’s richest man, Carlos Slim
- Won two F1 support series in their inaugural years: Formula BMW Europe in 2008 and GP3 in 2010
- Covered 1,720 miles in pre-season testing – more than any other driver
Valtteri Bottas – Williams
- A protégé of fellow Finn and two-times world champion Mika Hakkinen
- Appeared in 15 practice sessions for Williams last year
- Hasn’t started a race since the Macau Formula Three Grand Prix in November 2011
Giedo van der Garde – Caterham
- At 27 years of age he’s the oldest of F1’s new intake for 2013
- F1’s first Dutch driver since Christijan Albers started the 2007 British Grand Prix
- Was team mate to future F1 drivers Sebastian Vettel, Paul di Resta and Kamui Kobayashi at the ASM team in the 2006 F3 Euro Series
- Won the 2008 Formula Renault 3.5 championship, then spent four years in top F1 feeder series GP2
Max Chilton – Marussia
- Started his single-seater career at such a young age he required a special dispensation to compete in the British Formula Three championship
- Hasn’t won a championship in any of the junior categories he raced in
- Ended last year’s GP2 championship strongly with victory at Singapore lifting him to fourth overall
Jules Bianchi (pictured) – Marussia
- Has been a Ferrari Development Driver since 2009 and has extensive experience in their cars
- Drove in nine practice sessions for Force India last year
- Narrowly missed out on winning the 2012 Formula Renault 3.5 championship following a controversial collision with title rival Robin Frijns
- Was passed over for the Force India race seat but landed the Marussia drive vacated by Luiz Razia
Jan 31, 2015, 12:23 AM EST
Wendell Scott’s induction to the NASCAR Hall of Fame completed a long journey for his family.
Jan 30, 2015, 10:44 PM EST
Five NASCAR legends achieve the sport’s highest honor.
Jan 30, 2015, 9:30 PM EST
CLICK HERE for stream links to the special event involving former NFL greats and NASCAR drivers.
Jan 30, 2015, 7:00 PM EST
The son of NASCAR’s first African-American winner of a premier series race talks with NASCAR AMERICA’s Marty Snider about his father’s accomplishments.
Jan 30, 2015, 6:30 PM EST
CLICK HERE for stream links to tonight’s NBCSN coverage of the NASCAR Hall of Fame’s Class of 2015 Induction Ceremony in Charlotte, N.C.
Jan 30, 2015, 6:15 PM EST
Petty, a member of the NASCAR Hall of Fame’s inaugural class of inductees, speaks with NASCAR AMERICA’s Kelli Stavast before tonight’s Class of 2015 ceremonies.
Jan 30, 2015, 6:00 PM EST
Brasilia cancellation provides the latest chapter in the roller coaster ride that has been IndyCar’s international dalliance.
Jan 30, 2015, 4:05 PM EST
Alex Bowman joins Tommy Baldwin Racing for the 2015 season, replacing Michael Annett, who left for a ride at Scott Motorsports.
Jan 30, 2015, 4:00 PM EST
Coming up today: Live interviews and red carpet arrivals for tonight’s NASCAR Hall of Fame induction ceremony; a closer look at the careers of all five inductees; Gridiron Challenge preview.
Jan 30, 2015, 3:30 PM EST
2015 will be the first year that Hulkenberg has raced in F1 for two straight years with the same team.
Jan 30, 2015, 3:18 PM EST
Luca Filippi gets the opportunity several coveted, and will now have the chance to seize.
Jan 30, 2015, 2:30 PM EST
He is widely touted as being one of the brightest talents on the cusp of F1, but 2015 will be a big year for Raffaele Marciello.
Jan 30, 2015, 1:45 PM EST
With Sauber, the Swede hopes he can continue to develop and make up for a difficult rookie year with Caterham.
Jan 30, 2015, 1:15 PM EST
Marco Andretti set for a new number while Andretti Autosport continues to sort out the rest of its IndyCar lineup.
Jan 30, 2015, 12:30 PM EST
After boldly stating in 1999 that “all that can be achieved has been achieved”, Toyota will return to the WRC upon the next regulation change.
Jan 30, 2015, 12:00 PM EST
A full download of all posts from NASCAR Media Tour on NBCSports.com.
Jan 30, 2015, 11:30 AM EST
Australian driver does not feel under any added pressure in 2015 despite appearing to be the new team leader.
Jan 30, 2015, 11:15 AM EST
First video from Gridiron Challenge now up, in advance of the full event set to air tonight at 10 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
Jan 30, 2015, 10:51 AM EST
The No. 10 WTR Corvette DP reclassified to last in P after drive-time violation at Rolex 24 at Daytona.
Jan 30, 2015, 10:45 AM EST
After a miserable 2014, Raikkonen hopes that the new season and a new car will bring better fortunes for Ferrari.
- Long: Journey for Wendell Scott’s family ends with a kiss (VIDEO) 0
- Elliott, Lorenzen, White, Scott, and Weatherly enter NASCAR Hall of Fame (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0
- Gridiron Challenge: NASCAR drivers take football stars for a spin (VIDEO) 0
- Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony headlines 6.5 hours of NASCAR on NBCSN 0
- Ferrari reveals SF15-T for 2015 Formula 1 season 4
- Sauber aims to beat the blues of 2014 with C34’s launch 2