Mar 6, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
One of the Cinderella stories from Daytona will write its next chapter at Las Vegas this weekend.
Michael McDowell scored his and the Phil Parsons Racing team’s first top-10 finish in the season-opening Daytona 500. But the team got too far behind in building the new Generation 6 car, and decided to skip the second race at Phoenix.
The No. 98 Ford will be back in action at Las Vegas with new sponsor Ambient Edge, an air conditioning, heating and refrigeration company, for a one-off deal.
See also: NASCAR’s underdogs have their day
- Now IndyCar’s champion, Will Power’s mindset hasn’t changed heading into 2015 0
- Alonso moves to clear up testing crash conspiracy theories 0
- NHRA Funny Car driver Cruz Pedregon trades seats for a day with NASCAR counterpart Joey Logano 2
- Can IndyCar’s next generation take it to the established veterans? 0
- Fernando Alonso talks return in Malaysian GP 2
- Nowhere to go but up for Lotus at Malaysia GP 3
- Malaysian Grand Prix highlights NBCSN’s weekend of motors coverage 0