Mar 6, 2013, 6:30 PM EST
One of the Cinderella stories from Daytona will write its next chapter at Las Vegas this weekend.
Michael McDowell scored his and the Phil Parsons Racing team’s first top-10 finish in the season-opening Daytona 500. But the team got too far behind in building the new Generation 6 car, and decided to skip the second race at Phoenix.
The No. 98 Ford will be back in action at Las Vegas with new sponsor Ambient Edge, an air conditioning, heating and refrigeration company, for a one-off deal.
See also: NASCAR’s underdogs have their day
- Eddie Gossage: “Foolish move” by F1 to go head-to-head with NASCAR at Texas (12)
- GP of America organizers issue statement on race postponement (10)
- IndyCar TV sked for 2014 released; 13 races to be shown on NBCSN (9)
- NASCAR Sprint Cup silly season update for 2014 (8)
- Mark Miles talks about the road ahead for IndyCar (8)