Mar 6, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
One of the Cinderella stories from Daytona will write its next chapter at Las Vegas this weekend.
Michael McDowell scored his and the Phil Parsons Racing team’s first top-10 finish in the season-opening Daytona 500. But the team got too far behind in building the new Generation 6 car, and decided to skip the second race at Phoenix.
The No. 98 Ford will be back in action at Las Vegas with new sponsor Ambient Edge, an air conditioning, heating and refrigeration company, for a one-off deal.
See also: NASCAR’s underdogs have their day
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: One Sprint Cup title not enough for Brad Keselowski (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s Mikhail Aleshin released from Indianapolis hospital 0
- DA will submit evidence from Tony Stewart/Kevin Ward Jr. case to grand jury 12
- Renault’s Taffin: Fuel consumption could well be an issue in Singapore 1
- Jeff Gordon makes strong ‘Drive For Five’ start, also has high praise for Kyle Larson in Chase opener 2
- Keselowski surges between Harvick, Larson to win Chase opener at Chicagoland 0
- For 16 Sprint Cup drivers, the time is here: ready, set, Chase 0