Mar 6, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
One of the Cinderella stories from Daytona will write its next chapter at Las Vegas this weekend.
Michael McDowell scored his and the Phil Parsons Racing team’s first top-10 finish in the season-opening Daytona 500. But the team got too far behind in building the new Generation 6 car, and decided to skip the second race at Phoenix.
The No. 98 Ford will be back in action at Las Vegas with new sponsor Ambient Edge, an air conditioning, heating and refrigeration company, for a one-off deal.
See also: NASCAR’s underdogs have their day
- VIDEO: Vettel explains decision to not let Ricciardo past 2
- Chinese GP called two laps early after checkered flag mix-up 2
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” 14
- Hamilton makes it three with lights to flag victory in China 0
- WATCH LIVE: Can anyone spring a Shanghai surprise? 0
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (14)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (7)