Mar 6, 2013, 6:30 PM EST
One of the Cinderella stories from Daytona will write its next chapter at Las Vegas this weekend.
Michael McDowell scored his and the Phil Parsons Racing team’s first top-10 finish in the season-opening Daytona 500. But the team got too far behind in building the new Generation 6 car, and decided to skip the second race at Phoenix.
The No. 98 Ford will be back in action at Las Vegas with new sponsor Ambient Edge, an air conditioning, heating and refrigeration company, for a one-off deal.
See also: NASCAR’s underdogs have their day
- Happy 75th birthday to one of the best ever, Mario Andretti 0
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 3
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 3
- Fernando Alonso thanks fans for support following crash 1
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Thursday 0