Mar 7, 2013, 8:34 PM EDT
Greg Biffle led Thursday’s testing at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway in advance of this weekend’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Kobalt Tools 400.
Biffle’s fastest lap, 189.427mph, came on his 59th of 61 laps turned Thursday around the 1.5-mile oval in the second afternoon session of the day.
Denny Hamlin, who had the most newsworthy day by virtue of his being fined $25,000 for remarks made after last week’s race at Phoenix, clocked in 25th on the speed charts at 184.875mph. He was one spot ahead of last year’s Las Vegas winner, Tony Stewart.
Danica Patrick led the three-car Stewart Haas Racing contingent in 19th. She recorded her best ever finish in NASCAR, fourth in the Nationwide Series, at Las Vegas in 2011.
Qualifying is Friday with the race at 3:00 p.m. EST on Sunday.
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix (7)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- NNS: Elliott’s car found too low, shock taken from Keselowski’s car (6)
- Report: F1 apparently headed for Azerbaijan in 2015 or 2016 (5)
- The Dos Equis guy will give NASCAR’s start your engines command in Las Vegas (5)