Mar 7, 2013, 9:59 AM EST
Lewis Hamilton’s move from McLaren to Mercedes was one of the moves of the Formula 1 offseason. And the risk he takes in leaving the team that has supported his entire career in switching to one that has won just one race since Mercedes took over prior to 2010 cannot be understated.
This is a segment from “F1 Countdown,” a preview show to the 2013 Formula 1 season that airs tonight, March 7, at 9 p.m. ET on the NBC Sports Network. (If you miss the 30-minute show, it re-airs every day until March 13 at 3:30 p.m. ET.)
NBC’s booth commentary team of Leigh Diffey, David Hobbs and Steve Matchett anchor the show. Pit reporter Will Buxton also reports from testing in Barcelona.
It’s the first show NBC will bring to you in the 2013 season, which starts with the Australian Grand Prix on March 17.
Video from NASCAR America
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Jimmie Johnson: Kevin Harvick winning Sprint Cup title was “the right thing” 12
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Nico Rosberg 0
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Lewis Hamilton 0
- Hamilton quickest in second practice for Abu Dhabi GP 0
- First blood to Hamilton in Abu Dhabi as he tops FP1 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0