Mar 7, 2013, 9:59 AM EDT
Lewis Hamilton’s move from McLaren to Mercedes was one of the moves of the Formula 1 offseason. And the risk he takes in leaving the team that has supported his entire career in switching to one that has won just one race since Mercedes took over prior to 2010 cannot be understated.
This is a segment from “F1 Countdown,” a preview show to the 2013 Formula 1 season that airs tonight, March 7, at 9 p.m. ET on the NBC Sports Network. (If you miss the 30-minute show, it re-airs every day until March 13 at 3:30 p.m. ET.)
NBC’s booth commentary team of Leigh Diffey, David Hobbs and Steve Matchett anchor the show. Pit reporter Will Buxton also reports from testing in Barcelona.
It’s the first show NBC will bring to you in the 2013 season, which starts with the Australian Grand Prix on March 17.
- F1 Paddock Pass: Italian Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Off The Grid: Silverstone preview (premieres 9/5 at 9:30am ET on NBCSN) 0
- Hamilton quickest again in second Italian GP practice 1
- Hamilton leads Mercedes one-two in Italian GP FP1 1
- NHRA: All you need to know about the 61st U.S. Nationals 0
- NHRA: Year’s biggest race, the U.S. Nationals, ready to roll 4
- F1 2015’s silly season is proving to be a let down, but who could yet spice it up? 4