Mar 7, 2013, 9:59 AM EDT
Lewis Hamilton’s move from McLaren to Mercedes was one of the moves of the Formula 1 offseason. And the risk he takes in leaving the team that has supported his entire career in switching to one that has won just one race since Mercedes took over prior to 2010 cannot be understated.
This is a segment from “F1 Countdown,” a preview show to the 2013 Formula 1 season that airs tonight, March 7, at 9 p.m. ET on the NBC Sports Network. (If you miss the 30-minute show, it re-airs every day until March 13 at 3:30 p.m. ET.)
NBC’s booth commentary team of Leigh Diffey, David Hobbs and Steve Matchett anchor the show. Pit reporter Will Buxton also reports from testing in Barcelona.
It’s the first show NBC will bring to you in the 2013 season, which starts with the Australian Grand Prix on March 17.
- Rosberg fastest once again in second British GP practice 0
- Rosberg tops FP1 at Silverstone after gearbox change 0
- NHRA: Tony Pedregon hopes to keep momentum going in Norwalk 0
- NHRA: New president Peter Clifford full of ideas to get drag racing back on-track 8
- Ryan Briscoe making most of filling in for James Hinchcliffe 0
- F1 Strategy Group pushing through technical revolution for 2017, other changes planned as early as Belgian GP 6
- 2015 British Grand Prix Preview 1