Mar 8, 2013, 2:24 PM EST
Formula One’s governing body, the FIA, has today confirmed the final calendar for the 2013 season.
Questions still hung over a twentieth race joining the calendar, with the FIA detailing that there would be “another European round” on 21st July. Many expected this race to be held at Istanbul Park for the Turkish Grand Prix, and the Red Bull Ring in Austria was also rumored to be interested in hosting the race. However, a deal has not been reached, resulting in a nineteen race season.
A planned race in New Jersey was also initially on the calendar, but the organizers decided to focus on hosting the race in 2014.
The new calendar also confirms that the German Grand Prix will be held at the Nurburgring following lengthy contract negotiations. The historic circuit will continue to alternate with Hockenheim in hosting the race.
Due to the omission of the twentieth race, the calendar does feature a seven week spell between the German and Belgian Grands Prix which is filled by just one race. The summer break will therefore feel longer than ever in 2013.
2013 Formula One Calendar
17th March – Melbourne, Australia
24th March – Sepang, Malaysia
14th April – Shanghai, China
21st April – Sakhir, Bahrain
12th May – Circuit de Catalunya, Spain
26th May – Monaco
9th June – Montreal, Canada
30th June – Silverstone, Britain
7th July – Nurburgring, Germany
28th July – Hungaroring, Hungary
25th August – Spa Francorchamps, Belgium
8th September – Monza, Italy
22nd September – Marina Bay, Singapore
6th October – Yeongam, Korea
13th October – Suzuka, Japan
27th October – Buddh International Circuit, India
3rd November – Yas Marina, Abu Dhabi
17th November – Austin, United States
24th November – Interlagos, Brazil
Video from NASCAR America
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 2
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0