Mar 8, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
Caterham driver Charles Pic is enjoying life with his new team.
“I’m enjoying myself in Caterham and it’s great to be part of a team that has such an exciting future ahead.
“After the tests we’re definitely ready to start racing. We have a good idea of where we’re going to start out and I think we have a very interesting season ahead of us.”
Pic will be entering his second season in 2013 following a strong debut with Marussia last year. The French driver was rumored to be in the running for vacant seats at Force India and Sauber, but his move to Caterham was confirmed at the Brazilian Grand Prix. His debut in Australia last year was impressive, finishing 15th; a result he failed to better until the last race of the season in Interlagos. Pic is hopeful of an even better finish on his second visit to Melbourne.
“I’m looking forward to returning to Melbourne, this time for my first race with Caterham F1 Team and I think it’s going to be a good weekend. It’s quick but as it’s a temporary street circuit the cars run with high downforce and it’s a good challenge to get a really clean lap in.”
Pic will be partnered by Giedo van der Garde in 2013. Winter testing was a difficult time for Caterham as they fell behind closest rivals Marussia. However, with Pic the only driver from the bottom two teams with Grand Prix experience, he could prove an important factor in Caterham’s progress this year.
Video from NASCAR America
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 0
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 6
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1