Mar 8, 2013, 2:39 PM EST
While attending a dirt track race Thursday night in Las Vegas, Danica Patrick was struck in the head by a stray rock.
She was checked, cleared and released from an infield care center despite her feeling as though she had a concussion.
Patrick says it hit her “straight in the head” and she’s glad she had a hat on or “there would have been blood.”
It hasn’t been the easiest week for her, given she reported feeling a sore neck after her accident last weekend in the Phoenix race for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.
“I told them, I said, ‘I had a headache on Sunday night and on Monday my neck was sore,’ and they said, ‘Well, it sounds like it could have been worse and we’re glad you’re OK,’” she said.
Patrick recorded her best ever finish in NASCAR, fourth place, in the 2011 Nationwide Series race at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
See also: Danica Patrick wrecks out at PIR
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR Hall of Famer Dale Jarrett to join NASCAR coverage on NBC, NBCSN 4
- F1: Lotus releases images of its new Mercedes-powered E23 2
- NASCAR Media Tour begins today, but drivers still in idle 2
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. ponders a 24-hour NASCAR race 7
- ‘Do you get mad when your boyfriend wrecks you?’ Danica Patrick faces kids’ pressing questions 5
- Jeff Gordon to serve as NASCAR TV analyst this season 19
- Ganassi’s No. 02 Riley-Ford Scores Rolex 24 Victory 3