Mar 8, 2013, 2:39 PM EDT
While attending a dirt track race Thursday night in Las Vegas, Danica Patrick was struck in the head by a stray rock.
She was checked, cleared and released from an infield care center despite her feeling as though she had a concussion.
Patrick says it hit her “straight in the head” and she’s glad she had a hat on or “there would have been blood.”
It hasn’t been the easiest week for her, given she reported feeling a sore neck after her accident last weekend in the Phoenix race for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.
“I told them, I said, ‘I had a headache on Sunday night and on Monday my neck was sore,’ and they said, ‘Well, it sounds like it could have been worse and we’re glad you’re OK,’” she said.
Patrick recorded her best ever finish in NASCAR, fourth place, in the 2011 Nationwide Series race at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
See also: Danica Patrick wrecks out at PIR
Video from NASCAR America
- It’s official: Tony Stewart to miss Bristol race, Jeff Burton to once again drive No. 14 3
- When — or will — Tony Stewart ever race again? 2
- Andre Lotterer confirmed for Caterham debut at Spa 6
- NASCAR: Joe Gibbs hopeful for eventual return of Tony Stewart 12
- The 2014 Milwaukee IndyFest weekend high on promise, with more positives than negatives 5
- NASCAR’s worst-kept secret is official: Carl Edwards joins Joe Gibbs Racing from 2015 4
- Report: Comcast’s Xfinity, NASCAR closer to series sponsorship deal 0