Mar 8, 2013, 2:39 PM EDT
While attending a dirt track race Thursday night in Las Vegas, Danica Patrick was struck in the head by a stray rock.
She was checked, cleared and released from an infield care center despite her feeling as though she had a concussion.
Patrick says it hit her “straight in the head” and she’s glad she had a hat on or “there would have been blood.”
It hasn’t been the easiest week for her, given she reported feeling a sore neck after her accident last weekend in the Phoenix race for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.
“I told them, I said, ‘I had a headache on Sunday night and on Monday my neck was sore,’ and they said, ‘Well, it sounds like it could have been worse and we’re glad you’re OK,’” she said.
Patrick recorded her best ever finish in NASCAR, fourth place, in the 2011 Nationwide Series race at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
See also: Danica Patrick wrecks out at PIR
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 0
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 1
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 2
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 9
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0
- Teaser clip: F1 on NBC’s “Off the Grid” hits Mexico (VIDEO) 1