Mar 9, 2013, 10:30 PM EDT
Five rookies will take to the Formula One grid this season: Valtteri Bottas at Williams, Esteban Gutierrez at Sauber, Giedo van der Garde at Caterham, and Max Chilton and Jules Bianchi at Marussia.
However, based on the relative strength of the teams, it would appear (at least early on) that the rookie of the year battle will gravitate around Bottas, the 2011 GP3 champion and Williams’ former test driver, and Gutierrez, who also has been promoted from testing duties with Sauber.
Leigh Diffey, David Hobbs, Steve Matchett and Will Buxton gave their thoughts on F1’s newest crop of drivers during the “F1 Countdown” season preview, which you can see again on NBC Sports Network tomorrow at 12:30 pm ET and again at 10:30 pm ET.
- NHRA: Anderson wins 4th of ’15, Stoffer over Sampey in 3rd all-female final in NHRA history; Kalitta, Beckman also win 0
- Ken Block seizes opportunity, wins Red Bull GRC at MCAS New River 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: British Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 0
- Emotional Hamilton tears up on last lap of British GP, thanks fans for support en route to win 0
- Hamilton weathers the storm to claim third British GP victory at Silverstone 1
- Hamilton storms to home pole position at British GP 3
- Hamilton closes out British GP practice fastest 0