Mar 9, 2013, 10:30 PM EDT
Five rookies will take to the Formula One grid this season: Valtteri Bottas at Williams, Esteban Gutierrez at Sauber, Giedo van der Garde at Caterham, and Max Chilton and Jules Bianchi at Marussia.
However, based on the relative strength of the teams, it would appear (at least early on) that the rookie of the year battle will gravitate around Bottas, the 2011 GP3 champion and Williams’ former test driver, and Gutierrez, who also has been promoted from testing duties with Sauber.
Leigh Diffey, David Hobbs, Steve Matchett and Will Buxton gave their thoughts on F1’s newest crop of drivers during the “F1 Countdown” season preview, which you can see again on NBC Sports Network tomorrow at 12:30 pm ET and again at 10:30 pm ET.
- Red Bull’s Horner says Mercedes could lap field twice in Oz 0
- Complete 2014 F1 on NBC Sports TV Times, Schedule 0
- Keselowski’s crew chief on cooldown issue: “It’s a tough spot” 0
- IndyCar’s “nearly” man, Justin Wilson, set to overachieve once more 0
- The ingredients are set for Graham Rahal’s big, breakout year 0
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix (7)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- NNS: Elliott’s car found too low, shock taken from Keselowski’s car (6)
- Busch news kicks off what may be a busy Tuesday for IndyCar (5)