Mar 10, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Romain Grosjean is confident that the Lotus E21 is capable of taking him to his first Formula One victory in 2013.
“We should be able to [win] but you never know what the other teams have been working on as well. That’s the tricky bit.
“We want to achieve that, for sure, but I think the most important thing is to follow your weekend step by step and not think about the win before you’ve even started the free practice sessions.”
Grosjean joined Lotus at the beginning of 2012, and despite showing good pace during his debut season, his tendency to get caught up in accidents overshadowed his results. He insists that he has matured over the winter, and the former GP2 champion believes that anything is possible this season.
“Our target is to improve from the previous season. We finished fourth in the constructors’ championship and we want to improve from there step-by-step.”
The new car, the Lotus E21, was quick in testing, and Grosjean revealed his delight with it ahead of the opening race of the season.
“The car has been well born, as we say. It is a step forward compared with last year, clearly, so I’m quite positive about the car. It looks good and it feels good to drive, and that’s all we can say at this stage. I hope I’m right.”
- It’s ‘never-say-die’ for Graham Rahal with three races left 0
- Paralyzed driver Michael Johnson returning to track in Pro Mazda 0
- Simon Pagenaud ‘agonizingly close’ to wins at Mid-Ohio, not to success in 2015 0
- With three races left, who could still win in IndyCar, season 2015? 1
- Marcos Ambrose looks to salvage lost season in V8 Supercars, has had no issues ‘moving on’ from NASCAR 6
- NHRA: Big changes coming to Pro Stock this weekend, next season 20
- Report: Alex Zanardi keen to make Indianapolis 500 debut 7