Mar 10, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Romain Grosjean is confident that the Lotus E21 is capable of taking him to his first Formula One victory in 2013.
“We should be able to [win] but you never know what the other teams have been working on as well. That’s the tricky bit.
“We want to achieve that, for sure, but I think the most important thing is to follow your weekend step by step and not think about the win before you’ve even started the free practice sessions.”
Grosjean joined Lotus at the beginning of 2012, and despite showing good pace during his debut season, his tendency to get caught up in accidents overshadowed his results. He insists that he has matured over the winter, and the former GP2 champion believes that anything is possible this season.
“Our target is to improve from the previous season. We finished fourth in the constructors’ championship and we want to improve from there step-by-step.”
The new car, the Lotus E21, was quick in testing, and Grosjean revealed his delight with it ahead of the opening race of the season.
“The car has been well born, as we say. It is a step forward compared with last year, clearly, so I’m quite positive about the car. It looks good and it feels good to drive, and that’s all we can say at this stage. I hope I’m right.”
- Denny Hamlin’s team hit with big penalties after Brickyard infraction 1
- High 5: Chip Ganassi Racing’s win streak at Mid-Ohio (VIDEO) 0
- Chase-eligible teams – but not drivers – allowed at Homestead tire test 3
- Q&A: Kevin Healy on Milwaukee IndyFest activation heading into Wisconsin State Fair 0
- Report: Ecclestone says no to standing restarts in 2015 4