Mar 10, 2013, 4:41 PM EDT
Johnson and Kahne have each led more than 50 laps in the race’s first half and were your top two at LVMS at the crossed flags. Brad Keselowski, who got to start from the pole position due to Friday’s rainout of qualifying, was sitting in third place while Martin Truex Jr. was in fourth and showing the strong speed he had in final practice yesterday. Junior Nation is also likely pleased with the performance so far from Dale Earnhardt Jr., who has been steady all day and was fifth at halfway.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series – Kobalt Tools 400
Top 10 at Halfway (Lap 133/267)
1. Jimmie Johnson
2. Kasey Kahne
3. Brad Keselowski
4. Martin Truex Jr.
5. Dale Earnhardt Jr.
6. Kyle Busch
8. Matt Kenseth
9. Carl Edwards
10. Mark Martin
- Vettel suspects Mercedes of sandbagging during practice 1
- Mattiacci determined to turn around Ferrari’s failing season 4
- Hamilton recovers in FP2 to edge out Alonso and Rosberg 0
- Alonso fastest in first practice for Chinese GP 1
- Flashback to when a 67-second pit stop at the Indy 500 was fast vs. a modern-day F1 stop (video) 4
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Former FIA prez Max Mosley rubbishes F1′s ongoing noise saga (6)