Mar 10, 2013, 2:45 PM EDT
With three consecutive constructors’ titles in their pockets (as well as three consecutive driving titles from Sebastian Vettel), Infiniti Red Bull has been Formula One’s standard bearer in recent times.
But the Milton Keynes crew may have to turn back some stiff challenges this season in order to stay on top. Ferrari is out to re-take the F1 throne after Fernando Alonso lost the driving title to Vettel by a slim margin in 2012, and the Mercedes squad has been impressive in pre-season testing, which has made them a trendy dark horse (or rather, a silver-and-turquoise horse).
Can Red Bull continue its dominance of the sport? As part of NBC Sports Network’s “F1 Countdown,” the team of Leigh Diffey, David Hobbs and Steve Matchett sized up their chances.
You can catch the next re-air of “F1 Countdown” tonight at 10:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 1
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 3
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2