Mar 10, 2013, 2:45 PM EST
With three consecutive constructors’ titles in their pockets (as well as three consecutive driving titles from Sebastian Vettel), Infiniti Red Bull has been Formula One’s standard bearer in recent times.
But the Milton Keynes crew may have to turn back some stiff challenges this season in order to stay on top. Ferrari is out to re-take the F1 throne after Fernando Alonso lost the driving title to Vettel by a slim margin in 2012, and the Mercedes squad has been impressive in pre-season testing, which has made them a trendy dark horse (or rather, a silver-and-turquoise horse).
Can Red Bull continue its dominance of the sport? As part of NBC Sports Network’s “F1 Countdown,” the team of Leigh Diffey, David Hobbs and Steve Matchett sized up their chances.
You can catch the next re-air of “F1 Countdown” tonight at 10:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
Video from NASCAR America
- Track executive arrested, charged with lewdness with 19-year-old 0
- Why Hendrick won’t retire the No. 24 6
- Brasilia IndyCar race is canceled 3
- Rick Hendrick: No pressure on Jeff Gordon in final season, he just has to win 14 races and championship 4
- Column: Chase Elliott’s promotion perfectly timed for NASCAR 11
- Chase Elliott will replace Jeff Gordon as No. 24 driver next season 5
- Truex’s girlfriend passes milestone in cancer recovery 0