Mar 10, 2013, 2:45 PM EDT
With three consecutive constructors’ titles in their pockets (as well as three consecutive driving titles from Sebastian Vettel), Infiniti Red Bull has been Formula One’s standard bearer in recent times.
But the Milton Keynes crew may have to turn back some stiff challenges this season in order to stay on top. Ferrari is out to re-take the F1 throne after Fernando Alonso lost the driving title to Vettel by a slim margin in 2012, and the Mercedes squad has been impressive in pre-season testing, which has made them a trendy dark horse (or rather, a silver-and-turquoise horse).
Can Red Bull continue its dominance of the sport? As part of NBC Sports Network’s “F1 Countdown,” the team of Leigh Diffey, David Hobbs and Steve Matchett sized up their chances.
You can catch the next re-air of “F1 Countdown” tonight at 10:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
- Now IndyCar’s champion, Will Power’s mindset hasn’t changed heading into 2015 0
- Alonso moves to clear up testing crash conspiracy theories 1
- NHRA Funny Car driver Cruz Pedregon trades seats for a day with NASCAR counterpart Joey Logano 2
- Can IndyCar’s next generation take it to the established veterans? 1
- Fernando Alonso talks return in Malaysian GP 2
- Nowhere to go but up for Lotus at Malaysia GP 3
- Malaysian Grand Prix highlights NBCSN’s weekend of motors coverage 0