Mar 10, 2013, 2:45 PM EDT
With three consecutive constructors’ titles in their pockets (as well as three consecutive driving titles from Sebastian Vettel), Infiniti Red Bull has been Formula One’s standard bearer in recent times.
But the Milton Keynes crew may have to turn back some stiff challenges this season in order to stay on top. Ferrari is out to re-take the F1 throne after Fernando Alonso lost the driving title to Vettel by a slim margin in 2012, and the Mercedes squad has been impressive in pre-season testing, which has made them a trendy dark horse (or rather, a silver-and-turquoise horse).
Can Red Bull continue its dominance of the sport? As part of NBC Sports Network’s “F1 Countdown,” the team of Leigh Diffey, David Hobbs and Steve Matchett sized up their chances.
You can catch the next re-air of “F1 Countdown” tonight at 10:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
- NHRA: Big changes coming to Pro Stock this weekend, next season 1
- Report: Alex Zanardi keen to make Indianapolis 500 debut 5
- Ten with Townsend: Milwaukee and Iowa debrief 0
- For Dixon, it’s likely Mid-Ohio or bust in terms of 2015 IndyCar title hopes 0
- Race Recap: Vettel draws level with Senna on all-time win list with victory in Hungary 3
- NHRA Mile-High Nationals winners: Torrence, Beckman, Morgan, Krawiec 2
- F1 grid unites to pay tribute to Jules Bianchi (VIDEO) 1