Mar 10, 2013, 2:45 PM EST
With three consecutive constructors’ titles in their pockets (as well as three consecutive driving titles from Sebastian Vettel), Infiniti Red Bull has been Formula One’s standard bearer in recent times.
But the Milton Keynes crew may have to turn back some stiff challenges this season in order to stay on top. Ferrari is out to re-take the F1 throne after Fernando Alonso lost the driving title to Vettel by a slim margin in 2012, and the Mercedes squad has been impressive in pre-season testing, which has made them a trendy dark horse (or rather, a silver-and-turquoise horse).
Can Red Bull continue its dominance of the sport? As part of NBC Sports Network’s “F1 Countdown,” the team of Leigh Diffey, David Hobbs and Steve Matchett sized up their chances.
You can catch the next re-air of “F1 Countdown” tonight at 10:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Hamilton fastest as Mercedes impresses again on day three 0
- Happy 75th birthday to one of the best ever, Mario Andretti 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 3
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 3