Mar 11, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
#1 Ryan Hunter-Reay
- Team: Andretti Autosport
- Engine: Chevrolet
- Sponsors: DHL/Sun Drop/Circle K
- 2012: Champion, 4 Wins, 1 Pole
2012 WRAP: Three straight wins over the summer propelled RHR into championship contention, and a gutsy call from team principal and strategist Michael Andretti at Baltimore kept him in the game when it looked as though the mountain was too high to climb. He scaled the last height for 2012 when Will Power crashed and fought an ill-handling car to finish fourth in the Auto Club season finale, securing his first title.
2013 OUTLOOK: All remains the same in terms of key cogs and personnel; the only difference is Hunter-Reay switches to the champion’s number 1, the first to do so since Scott Dixon in 2004. Strong on all types of circuits a year ago, particularly the short ovals, Hunter-Reay is among the most well rounded drivers on the grid and should factor into title contention once again. His next unchecked box is his first win in the Indianapolis 500.
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronkowski 'probably' needs back surgery, too
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness