Mar 11, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
#3 Helio Castroneves
- Team: Team Penske
- Engine: Chevrolet
- Sponsors: Shell/AAA/Hitachi/PPG
- 2012: Fourth place, 2 Wins, 1 Pole
2012 WRAP: Good Helio was back after a miserable 2011, where his wild streak and accident penchant resulted in a finish outside the top-10 in points with his first winless season with Team Penske. An emotional win at St. Petersburg kicked off the year, and a second win at Edmonton renewed title hopes. A couple grid penalties and a lack of big results late in the year doomed his title chances, but it was still an impressive bounce back season.
2013 OUTLOOK: You know what you’ll get with Helio: a couple wins, unbridled enthusiasm throughout and usually, a very good chance at Indianapolis. With every passing year his odds of scoring his elusive first championship diminish, but that’s not the main target for him. He’s had three subpar years at Indy by his own illustrious standards, and now has another three-time 500 champion on the grid in Dario Franchitti. Wanting to beat his longtime rival to the four-time club at Indy will fuel his focus this season.
- Walker: Getting fans “re-ignited” is IndyCar’s biggest challenge (40)
- What’s it cost to compete in Formula One? An IndyCar comparison (21)
- Danica’s in the NASCAR Hall of Fame – sort of (11)
- Ed Carpenter wins pole for the 97th Indianapolis 500 (11)
- NBC Sports to feature 19.5 hours of Monaco coverage, with race live on NBC (8)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte