Mar 12, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
#5 E.J. Viso
- Team: Andretti Autosport
- Engine: Chevrolet
- Sponsors: PDVSA
- 2012: 20th place, 1 Top Five
2012 WRAP: The numbers say otherwise, but Viso improved by leaps and bounds in his fifth season of IndyCar competition a year ago. He produced some stellar early season qualifying efforts and probably should have finished on the podium in Milwaukee, where he led 27 laps and finished a season-best fifth. More importantly, a driver maligned early in his career for his high frequency of accidents retired only once from that last year, at Iowa.
2013 OUTLOOK: Viso enters 2013 with a new team, Andretti Autosport, with members of his first team at HVM Racing back in the fold as well. He’s reunited with his first IndyCar engineer in Michael Cannon, who’s turned many drivers into winners, and first team owner in Keith Wiggins, who combines in this Andretti effort. It’s a deep field but Viso could flourish in this atmosphere. At a minimum, he should score his second career podium if he keeps his nose clean.
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Play Video: Hunter-Reay celebrates win in Milwaukee
- Play Video: Highlights: Hunter-Reay wins Milwaukee Mile again
- Play Video: Andretti Autosports dominates
- Play Video: Andretti makes it look easy in Milwaukee
- Play Video: Indy Car Series: Fast forward Texas
- Play Video: A recap of Pagenaud's first career IndyCar victory