Mar 12, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
#6 Sebastian Saavedra
- Team: Dragon Racing
- Engine: Chevrolet
- Sponsors: TrueCar/Bogota
- 2012: 3 Starts; Fourth in Indy Lights points
2012 WRAP: Saavedra dropped back into the Firestone Indy Lights Series after coming up to IndyCar in 2011 before he was fully ready. A more mature Saavedra reunited with the team he won Lights races with in 2009, AFS/Andretti Autosport, and won once more. He made three IndyCar starts, and posted solid qualifying runs in Indianapolis and Sonoma.
2013 OUTLOOK: The Colombian is still only 22 but into his fourth IndyCar season, and second full-time, as he replaces Katherine Legge at Dragon Racing. Legge pursued legal action after her removal from the seat. Saavedra probably won’t make too much of an impression, but this is a better chance for him compared to being thrown in at the deep end as a rookie in a small budget, single-car operation in 2011. A handful of top-10s would be a decent effort.
- Walker: Getting fans “re-ignited” is IndyCar’s biggest challenge (46)
- What’s it cost to compete in Formula One? An IndyCar comparison (21)
- NBC Sports to feature 19.5 hours of Monaco coverage, with race live on NBC (12)
- Monaco Grand Prix combines glamour, glory and risk (VIDEO) (10)
- Pirelli threaten to walk away from Formula One (7)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?