Mar 13, 2013, 9:09 AM EST
Force India owner Vijay Mallya says his team can match their best-ever championship result of sixth this year.
The team slipped from sixth to seventh in the constructors’ table last year. Following protracted discussions in the off-season they rehired Adrian Sutil to take the place alongside Paul di Resta that was left vacant by Nico Hulkenberg’s departure.
“Adrian and Paul make up the driver pairing that brought us to our best-ever championship result in 2011 and there is no reason why we can’t have a similar result this year,” said Mallya.
“Adrian is very quick and has a great history with the team,” Mallya added. “He has been with us from the very start and is truly part of the family.”
“Everyone was impressed by his performance during winter testing in Barcelona: he was able to deliver great pace right away.”
“Paul has matured into a very good driver and in his third season with us we are confident he will deliver the results his talent warrants. He has gelled with the team perfectly and following a strong winter he is well prepared for a great season.”
Sutil’s last F1 appearance came in the Brazilian Grand Prix at the end of the 2011 season. He finished sixth to secure ninth place in the drivers’ championship, 15 points ahead of then-rookie team mate Di Resta.
How the pair will compare in their second season together, with Di Resta acquiring an extra year of experience while Sutil has been on the sidelines, should be a fascinating storyline in this year’s championship.
Video from NASCAR America
- LeBron James’ agent involved in Darrell Wallace Jr.’s hunt for sponsorship 1
- Sponsorship woes leave Jeb Burton scrambling again for a NASCAR ride 2
- Sprint Cup champ Kevin Harvick: “I’m as comfortable as I’ve ever been” 0
- Danica Patrick enters final year of contract but wants to stay at Stewart-Haas 13
- Start times for 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races 9
- Bowyer on Gordon: “You’re never good with somebody when it got that ugly” 25
- NASCAR considers unveiling 2016 rules at Sprint All-Star Race in May 2