Mar 13, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
Two IndyCar teams have new sponsor additions besides their primary ones, and one other team has announced a new alliance
Team Penske has welcomed back Quicken Loans, which served as an associate for the team in 2003 and 2004. Penske finished 1-2 in the 2003 Indianapolis 500 with Gil de Ferran leading the fellow Panoz G Force Toyota driven by Helio Castroneves.
Quicken Loans will serve an associate sponsor of the Team Penske Nos. 3 and 12 cars for the season. It also is the presenting sponsor of the Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit, which is part of the Chevrolet Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix on May 31-June 2.
“When you look at getting into a sport like INDYCAR, you always look at who you want to partner with, and we definitely wanted to be with Penske,” said Quicken Loans communications director Aaron Emerson. “We have a past relationship and outside of racing we have a lot of synergy as well. Obviously, Roger Penske is from Detroit and our owner Dan Gilbert has invested millions of dollars in Detroit to revitalize buildings and bring the city back to where it was. Dan and Roger are also good friends. Very excited about this and ready to get racing.”
Bryan Herta Autosport, now known as Barracuda Racing in deference to primary sponsor Barracuda Networks, has added Lassonde and Oasis Juices to its sponsor portfolio. Oasis, a Quebec-based fruit and vegetable juice manufacturer, began their foray into IndyCar as a personal sponsor of driver Alex Tagliani last season.
“Lassonde is particularly proud to support talent such as that of Alexandre Tagliani,” said Mr. Pierre L’Heureux, Executive Vice-President and Managing Director, Sales Administration, Marketing and R&D at A. Lassonde Inc. “Through his determination, perseverance and healthy lifestyle, Tag is the ideal athlete to represent Oasis brand values across North America.”
Tagliani’s striking new livery for the 2013 season was unveiled Tuesday at Barber Motorsports Park (above, right).
Additionally, KV Racing Technology and SH Racing have announced an alliance that will see Tony Kanaan’s car referred to as the No. 11 KV Racing Technology – SH entry for the 2013 IZOD IndyCar Series season.
SH Racing was founded in 2010 and made its debut in IndyCar in 2011, also in partnership with KVRT, at that year’s Indianapolis 500. Tomas Scheckter finished eighth in what was the No. 07 entry, and SH partnered with Dreyer & Reinbold Racing for one further appearance at Baltimore.
- Walker: Getting fans “re-ignited” is IndyCar’s biggest challenge (46)
- What’s it cost to compete in Formula One? An IndyCar comparison (21)
- Monaco Grand Prix combines glamour, glory and risk (VIDEO) (10)
- NBC Sports to feature 19.5 hours of Monaco coverage, with race live on NBC (9)
- Pirelli threaten to walk away from Formula One (7)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona