Mar 14, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
#15 Graham Rahal
- Team: Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing
- Engine: Honda
- Sponsors: Midas
- 2012: 10th Place, 1 Podium
2012 WRAP: Expectations were high as young Rahal surged towards the end of 2011 in the Service Central Ganassi camp. Yet they were never fully maximized throughout his second season in the team. Qualifying left a lot to be desired – Rahal didn’t once make the Firestone Fast Six – and that left him playing catch-up during the races. Rahal lost a sure win at Texas when he bounced off the wall with two laps to go, and he only had three other top-five finishes.
2013 OUTLOOK: It was inevitable that Graham would eventually join his father Bobby’s team on a full-time basis. But to the now 24-year-old’s credit, he’s already gathered six seasons of experience with other teams before joining the family business. He knows what makes a successful organization and the foundation established where he’s the clear team leader, with a solid engineering group, should help both father and son as they embark on the 2013 campaign. I’d expect Rahal to win his first race since 2008, as a 19-year-old in St. Petersburg.
Video from NASCAR America
- Carl Edwards: “I plan on winning 10 races and the championship” 2
- NASCAR: Dale Jr. expects even more performance in 2015 1
- UPDATED — Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 53
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1