Mar 15, 2013, 10:05 AM EDT
#16 James Jakes
- Team: Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing
- Engine: Honda
- Sponsors: Acorn Stairlifts
- 2012: 22nd place, No Top Fives
2012 WRAP: Like his rookie campaign, 2012 was about gathering more top-level experience for the Englishman. His results were decidedly mid-pack (average finish of 16.7) and five DNFs along the way didn’t help his cause, but he did have a couple of really solid efforts at Texas (where he rose from 21st at the start to finish 10th) and at Toronto (where he soared from 24th to come away eighth).
2013 OUTLOOK: Jakes made a big jump two years ago from GP3 to the IZOD IndyCar Series, and has had to undergo an extended learning process. Now, he’ll try to make those lessons pay off with RLL, which was competitive last season and should give Jakes a solid opportunity. A big key to 2013 success could be how he meshes with veteran engineer Eddie Jones, who comes over from KV Racing Technology and engineered the late Dan Wheldon’s Indianapolis 500 and series championship victories in 2005.
- IndyCar beats the rain, Castroneves, Penske beats the field in Barber qualifying (VIDEO) 0
- WSR: Rowland wins Formula Renault 3.5 season-opener at Motorland Aragon 0
- Preview: Barber marks end of IndyCar’s first quarter of 2015 (VIDEO) 0
- Ryan Hunter-Reay looks to right 2015 season by completing winning trilogy at Barber Motorsports Park 0
- As GP2 turns 10 years old, where is the Class of ’05 now? 0
- Here’s your IndyCar times for this weekend’s Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama 0
- F1: Year-on-year, Ferrari’s gains, Mercedes’ continued edge reins after four races 1