Mar 15, 2013, 10:05 AM EDT
#16 James Jakes
- Team: Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing
- Engine: Honda
- Sponsors: Acorn Stairlifts
- 2012: 22nd place, No Top Fives
2012 WRAP: Like his rookie campaign, 2012 was about gathering more top-level experience for the Englishman. His results were decidedly mid-pack (average finish of 16.7) and five DNFs along the way didn’t help his cause, but he did have a couple of really solid efforts at Texas (where he rose from 21st at the start to finish 10th) and at Toronto (where he soared from 24th to come away eighth).
2013 OUTLOOK: Jakes made a big jump two years ago from GP3 to the IZOD IndyCar Series, and has had to undergo an extended learning process. Now, he’ll try to make those lessons pay off with RLL, which was competitive last season and should give Jakes a solid opportunity. A big key to 2013 success could be how he meshes with veteran engineer Eddie Jones, who comes over from KV Racing Technology and engineered the late Dan Wheldon’s Indianapolis 500 and series championship victories in 2005.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 1
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 3
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2