Mar 15, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
#19 Justin Wilson
- Team: Dale Coyne Racing
- Engine: Honda
- Sponsors: Sonny’s BBQ
- 2012: 15th place, 1 Win, 1 Top Five
2012 WRAP: Wilson finally got the oval win he and car owner Dale Coyne had been craving for, taking advantage of a late run-in with the wall by Graham Rahal to score the win at Texas. But Wilson also had numerous instances where potentially strong results were scuttled for a variety of reasons. Among those instances: He ran out of fuel during the season-opener at St. Petersburg, gearbox issues forced him out at Sao Paulo, and a power failure ruined a potential podium at Toronto.
2013 OUTLOOK: Wilson remains one of the series’ better road/street course racers, but now has the added confidence of knowing that he and DCR can win on ovals. If his team can make sure to cut down on the mechanical problems they had in 2012, it wouldn’t be a stretch to consider him a prime dark horse at the majority of tracks that the series visits.
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson do it old school style in a pair of classic pickup trucks (VIDEOS) (5)