Mar 15, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
#19 Justin Wilson
- Team: Dale Coyne Racing
- Engine: Honda
- Sponsors: Sonny’s BBQ
- 2012: 15th place, 1 Win, 1 Top Five
2012 WRAP: Wilson finally got the oval win he and car owner Dale Coyne had been craving for, taking advantage of a late run-in with the wall by Graham Rahal to score the win at Texas. But Wilson also had numerous instances where potentially strong results were scuttled for a variety of reasons. Among those instances: He ran out of fuel during the season-opener at St. Petersburg, gearbox issues forced him out at Sao Paulo, and a power failure ruined a potential podium at Toronto.
2013 OUTLOOK: Wilson remains one of the series’ better road/street course racers, but now has the added confidence of knowing that he and DCR can win on ovals. If his team can make sure to cut down on the mechanical problems they had in 2012, it wouldn’t be a stretch to consider him a prime dark horse at the majority of tracks that the series visits.
Video from NASCAR America
- MST exclusive: BK Racing co-owner Anthony Marlowe apologizes for Cole Whitt/David Ragan tweet controversy 0
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2014 1
- Sam Hornish Jr. has much to be thankful for: new home, renewed Sprint Cup hopes with Richard Petty Motorsports 5
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 6
- Mercedes reserve Wehrlein leads final Abu Dhabi test day to end 2014 0
- Jean-Eric Vergne confirms Toro Rosso exit 3
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 6