Mar 15, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
#19 Justin Wilson
- Team: Dale Coyne Racing
- Engine: Honda
- Sponsors: Sonny’s BBQ
- 2012: 15th place, 1 Win, 1 Top Five
2012 WRAP: Wilson finally got the oval win he and car owner Dale Coyne had been craving for, taking advantage of a late run-in with the wall by Graham Rahal to score the win at Texas. But Wilson also had numerous instances where potentially strong results were scuttled for a variety of reasons. Among those instances: He ran out of fuel during the season-opener at St. Petersburg, gearbox issues forced him out at Sao Paulo, and a power failure ruined a potential podium at Toronto.
2013 OUTLOOK: Wilson remains one of the series’ better road/street course racers, but now has the added confidence of knowing that he and DCR can win on ovals. If his team can make sure to cut down on the mechanical problems they had in 2012, it wouldn’t be a stretch to consider him a prime dark horse at the majority of tracks that the series visits.
Video from NASCAR America
- Bubba Wallace pays homage to NASCAR Hall of Famer Wendell Scott with encore win at Martinsville 1
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 8
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1