Mar 15, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
#19 Justin Wilson
- Team: Dale Coyne Racing
- Engine: Honda
- Sponsors: Sonny’s BBQ
- 2012: 15th place, 1 Win, 1 Top Five
2012 WRAP: Wilson finally got the oval win he and car owner Dale Coyne had been craving for, taking advantage of a late run-in with the wall by Graham Rahal to score the win at Texas. But Wilson also had numerous instances where potentially strong results were scuttled for a variety of reasons. Among those instances: He ran out of fuel during the season-opener at St. Petersburg, gearbox issues forced him out at Sao Paulo, and a power failure ruined a potential podium at Toronto.
2013 OUTLOOK: Wilson remains one of the series’ better road/street course racers, but now has the added confidence of knowing that he and DCR can win on ovals. If his team can make sure to cut down on the mechanical problems they had in 2012, it wouldn’t be a stretch to consider him a prime dark horse at the majority of tracks that the series visits.
- Preview: Barber marks end of IndyCar’s first quarter of 2015 0
- Ryan Hunter-Reay looks to right 2015 season by completing winning trilogy at Barber Motorsports Park 0
- As GP2 turns 10 years old, where is the Class of ’05 now? 0
- Here’s your IndyCar times for this weekend’s Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama 0
- F1: Year-on-year, Ferrari’s gains, Mercedes’ continued edge reins after four races 0
- Racing community reflects on the loss of Fox Sports’ broadcaster Steve Byrnes 8
- Sam Schmidt’s inspirational lap in SAM Project, Arrow Corvette on NBC Nightly News (VIDEO, PHOTOS) 2