Mar 15, 2013, 8:55 AM EDT
Force India had nerve-racking moment of its own when Paul di Resta found himself spinning into the gravel during FP2.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Entering the race, di Resta was optimistic about a top-three finish this season, but said that consistency would be the key for that to happen. From Sporting Life:
“We have seen when we get the car in an operating window it gets big results, so hopefully we can achieve that more often. Essentially, if we have the tools we know we can perform as a race team to do that. I just want to keep plugging away and coming away from each weekend saying we achieved everything we could have, or very close to it. It all comes down to taking any opportunity because the likes of a sixth, seventh place is an excellent result for this team. If you can get a few in a row like that it makes a huge impact on the points tally.”
He would finish with the 12th-fastest time during FP2.
- CFH Racing looks to turn things around once again at Milwaukee 0
- Welcome back, Wilson: Englishman back with Andretti for rest of 2015 0
- DiZinno: Daytona fence crash ripple effect could extend to other motorsports 8
- Ten with Townsend: Red Bull GRC 4 races in, post-MCAS New River 0
- Smiling Through the Rain: Silverstone proved that it isn’t all doom and gloom in F1 2
- NHRA: Anderson wins 4th of ’15, Stoffer over Sampey in 3rd all-female final in NHRA history; Kalitta, Beckman also win 2
- Ken Block seizes opportunity, wins Red Bull GRC at MCAS New River 0