Mar 15, 2013, 8:55 AM EDT
Force India had nerve-racking moment of its own when Paul di Resta found himself spinning into the gravel during FP2.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Entering the race, di Resta was optimistic about a top-three finish this season, but said that consistency would be the key for that to happen. From Sporting Life:
“We have seen when we get the car in an operating window it gets big results, so hopefully we can achieve that more often. Essentially, if we have the tools we know we can perform as a race team to do that. I just want to keep plugging away and coming away from each weekend saying we achieved everything we could have, or very close to it. It all comes down to taking any opportunity because the likes of a sixth, seventh place is an excellent result for this team. If you can get a few in a row like that it makes a huge impact on the points tally.”
He would finish with the 12th-fastest time during FP2.
- DiZinno: Mid-Ohio a dream weekend for Rahal, IndyCar, fans 0
- Dates for 2016 IndyCar schedule starting to come together 7
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 5
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 1
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 4
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 13
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 5