Mar 15, 2013, 8:55 AM EDT
Force India had nerve-racking moment of its own when Paul di Resta found himself spinning into the gravel during FP2.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Entering the race, di Resta was optimistic about a top-three finish this season, but said that consistency would be the key for that to happen. From Sporting Life:
“We have seen when we get the car in an operating window it gets big results, so hopefully we can achieve that more often. Essentially, if we have the tools we know we can perform as a race team to do that. I just want to keep plugging away and coming away from each weekend saying we achieved everything we could have, or very close to it. It all comes down to taking any opportunity because the likes of a sixth, seventh place is an excellent result for this team. If you can get a few in a row like that it makes a huge impact on the points tally.”
He would finish with the 12th-fastest time during FP2.
Video from NASCAR America
- Caterham denies future is at risk despite goods being seized 1
- Simona de Silvestro’s F1 hopes at risk due to financial problems 7
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 23
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3