Mar 15, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
Caterham rookie Giedo van der Garde endured a rough start to his first weekend as a Grand Prix driver. An off-course excursion got him in trouble early in the session, roughly 30 minutes into the 90-minute second free practice session.
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson do it old school style in a pair of classic pickup trucks (VIDEOS) (5)