Mar 16, 2013, 3:57 AM EST
UPDATE: The NBC Sports Network will air qualifying coverage at 12:30 a.m. Sunday morning. The race will air live at 2 a.m. ET.
Qualifying for the Australian Grand Prix has been postponed until Sunday morning after wet weather prevented the completion of all three sessions.
The teams did manage to get out for Q1 after a thirty minute delay, but many of the drivers struggled in the wet conditions. Lewis Hamilton, Mark Webber, Pastor Maldonado, Felipe Massa, Giedo van der Garde and Esteban Gutierrez all went off, with the latter three drivers having to pit for repairs.
At the end of Q1, the FIA decided to delay the session once again to assess the conditions, only for the rain to intensify making the completion of qualifying impossible.
The results from Q1 will remain, leaving sixteen drivers competing in the rest of qualifying. As teams are under parc ferme conditions, they will not be able to make changes to their cars.
Q2 will get underway at 1100 local time (2000 EST), with the race starting six hours later.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Video from NASCAR America
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 1
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4
- Maurizio Arrivabene replaces Marco Mattiacci as Ferrari team principal 4
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 3
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 11