Mar 16, 2013, 3:57 AM EDT
UPDATE: The NBC Sports Network will air qualifying coverage at 12:30 a.m. Sunday morning. The race will air live at 2 a.m. ET.
Qualifying for the Australian Grand Prix has been postponed until Sunday morning after wet weather prevented the completion of all three sessions.
The teams did manage to get out for Q1 after a thirty minute delay, but many of the drivers struggled in the wet conditions. Lewis Hamilton, Mark Webber, Pastor Maldonado, Felipe Massa, Giedo van der Garde and Esteban Gutierrez all went off, with the latter three drivers having to pit for repairs.
At the end of Q1, the FIA decided to delay the session once again to assess the conditions, only for the rain to intensify making the completion of qualifying impossible.
The results from Q1 will remain, leaving sixteen drivers competing in the rest of qualifying. As teams are under parc ferme conditions, they will not be able to make changes to their cars.
Q2 will get underway at 1100 local time (2000 EST), with the race starting six hours later.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- ARCA: From welder to race car driver, Sarah Cornett-Ching continues her building prowess 0
- Taylor Swift to be featured on Tony Kanaan’s IndyCar in Detroit; will she make it to track? 6
- Surprises, struggles: NHRA at one-third mark of ’15 season 2
- FIA seeking new teams for Formula 1 in 2016 and 2017 6
- Gossage to Walker: “We need a more competitive race this year than last year” 2
- Volkswagen Andretti pair of Foust, Speed seek better fortunes, consistency 0
- Hinchcliffe released from hospital, expected to make full recovery (VIDEO) 5