Mar 16, 2013, 3:57 AM EST
UPDATE: The NBC Sports Network will air qualifying coverage at 12:30 a.m. Sunday morning. The race will air live at 2 a.m. ET.
Qualifying for the Australian Grand Prix has been postponed until Sunday morning after wet weather prevented the completion of all three sessions.
The teams did manage to get out for Q1 after a thirty minute delay, but many of the drivers struggled in the wet conditions. Lewis Hamilton, Mark Webber, Pastor Maldonado, Felipe Massa, Giedo van der Garde and Esteban Gutierrez all went off, with the latter three drivers having to pit for repairs.
At the end of Q1, the FIA decided to delay the session once again to assess the conditions, only for the rain to intensify making the completion of qualifying impossible.
The results from Q1 will remain, leaving sixteen drivers competing in the rest of qualifying. As teams are under parc ferme conditions, they will not be able to make changes to their cars.
Q2 will get underway at 1100 local time (2000 EST), with the race starting six hours later.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Joey Logano wins Vegas pole, Penske claims front row again 0
- 5 storylines that could define the 2014 F1 season 1
- Indianapolis 500 2014 Qualifying Format Revealed 5
- Schumacher “still in the wake up phase” 0
- Driver, team owner and now actor: Tony Stewart’s first edition of ‘Smoke is The Bandit’ is released (video) 0
- Instead of significant improvement, 2014 starting off the way 2013 ended for Danica Patrick (10)
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (6)
- Disastrous day for Red Bull as Vettel manages just half a lap (5)