Mar 17, 2013, 5:06 PM EST
Former teammates Denny Hamlin and Joey Logano, fresh off a Twitter fight following the season-opening Daytona 500, were at the center of another feud following today’s NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Logano was running second on Lap 349 behind Jeff Gordon, when he was spun out from behind by Hamlin. He eventually climbed back to 17th at the finish, while Hamlin nursed his car home to a 23rd place result after hitting the wall in the final laps.
Shortly after the race ended, a brief shoving match broke out between Logano and Hamlin’s crew, with USA Today’s Nate Ryan reporting that Logano himself went up to Hamlin’s car window before being pushed back by the latter’s team.
Once the scuffle ended and Hamlin was out of his car, he then directed a verbal burn at his one-time compadre at Joe Gibbs Racing.
“[Logano] said he was coming for me,” Hamlin told Fox Sports. “I usually don’t see him, so it’s usually not a factor.”
As for Logano, he tried to keep quiet about the conversation with Hamlin, telling Fox “that is for me to know and Denny to know.”
It all means more headlines for Hamlin, who was recently fined $25,000 by NASCAR for his post-race comments two weeks ago at Phoenix International Raceway on the performance of the new Generation-6 cars.
And it’ll likely mean more Twitter followers for both him and Logano, who fired off the first salvo after the race: “Hey @dennyhamlin great job protecting that genius brain of yours by keeping your helmet on”
Video from NASCAR America
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 2
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0