Mar 17, 2013, 5:06 PM EST
Former teammates Denny Hamlin and Joey Logano, fresh off a Twitter fight following the season-opening Daytona 500, were at the center of another feud following today’s NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Logano was running second on Lap 349 behind Jeff Gordon, when he was spun out from behind by Hamlin. He eventually climbed back to 17th at the finish, while Hamlin nursed his car home to a 23rd place result after hitting the wall in the final laps.
Shortly after the race ended, a brief shoving match broke out between Logano and Hamlin’s crew, with USA Today’s Nate Ryan reporting that Logano himself went up to Hamlin’s car window before being pushed back by the latter’s team.
Once the scuffle ended and Hamlin was out of his car, he then directed a verbal burn at his one-time compadre at Joe Gibbs Racing.
“[Logano] said he was coming for me,” Hamlin told Fox Sports. “I usually don’t see him, so it’s usually not a factor.”
As for Logano, he tried to keep quiet about the conversation with Hamlin, telling Fox “that is for me to know and Denny to know.”
It all means more headlines for Hamlin, who was recently fined $25,000 by NASCAR for his post-race comments two weeks ago at Phoenix International Raceway on the performance of the new Generation-6 cars.
And it’ll likely mean more Twitter followers for both him and Logano, who fired off the first salvo after the race: “Hey @dennyhamlin great job protecting that genius brain of yours by keeping your helmet on”
Video from NASCAR America
- LeBron James’ agent involved in Darrell Wallace Jr.’s hunt for sponsorship 1
- Sponsorship woes leave Jeb Burton scrambling again for a NASCAR ride 3
- Sprint Cup champ Kevin Harvick: “I’m as comfortable as I’ve ever been” 0
- Danica Patrick enters final year of contract but wants to stay at Stewart-Haas 14
- Start times for 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races 9
- Bowyer on Gordon: “You’re never good with somebody when it got that ugly” 25
- NASCAR considers unveiling 2016 rules at Sprint All-Star Race in May 2