Mar 18, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
#27 James Hinchcliffe
• Team: Andretti Autosport
• Engine: Chevrolet
• Sponsors: GoDaddy.com
• 2012: 8th Place, Two Podiums, Five Top Fives
2012 WRAP: A tough second half put a damper on an otherwise solid season for Hinchcliffe, who rose as high as second in the championship before falling back to eighth after suffering three DNFs in the final seven races. Hinchcliffe notched his first IndyCar podium at Long Beach in April with a third-place result, and equaled that at the Milwaukee Mile. He was also a big hit with the fans, who voted him the series’ most popular driver.
2013 OUTLOOK: Hinchcliffe still has to grab that elusive first win, but he’s now fully acclimated at Andretti Autosport and he’ll be re-united with Craig Hampson, his former engineer at Newman-Haas Racing in his 2011 Rookie of the Year campaign. If he can keep out of trouble, there’s no reason to think he can’t be on the top step of the podium at least once in 2013. And rest assured, if that moment comes in front of his hometown fans in Toronto, they’ll go nuts.
- Bubba Wallace dominates to win MudSummer Classic at Eldora (updated) 1
- Kurt Busch 25th in Sprint Cup points — IndyCar, too 1
- Report: Toto Wolff speaks out against F1′s double points finale 5
- IndyCar: Toronto weekend analysis, musings and observations 0
- NASCAR’s Brian France on RTA’s formation: “We didn’t think it was necessary” 13