Mar 18, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
#27 James Hinchcliffe
• Team: Andretti Autosport
• Engine: Chevrolet
• Sponsors: GoDaddy.com
• 2012: 8th Place, Two Podiums, Five Top Fives
2012 WRAP: A tough second half put a damper on an otherwise solid season for Hinchcliffe, who rose as high as second in the championship before falling back to eighth after suffering three DNFs in the final seven races. Hinchcliffe notched his first IndyCar podium at Long Beach in April with a third-place result, and equaled that at the Milwaukee Mile. He was also a big hit with the fans, who voted him the series’ most popular driver.
2013 OUTLOOK: Hinchcliffe still has to grab that elusive first win, but he’s now fully acclimated at Andretti Autosport and he’ll be re-united with Craig Hampson, his former engineer at Newman-Haas Racing in his 2011 Rookie of the Year campaign. If he can keep out of trouble, there’s no reason to think he can’t be on the top step of the podium at least once in 2013. And rest assured, if that moment comes in front of his hometown fans in Toronto, they’ll go nuts.
- Walker: Getting fans “re-ignited” is IndyCar’s biggest challenge (46)
- What’s it cost to compete in Formula One? An IndyCar comparison (21)
- Ed Carpenter wins pole for the 97th Indianapolis 500 (11)
- Monaco Grand Prix combines glamour, glory and risk (VIDEO) (10)
- NBC Sports to feature 19.5 hours of Monaco coverage, with race live on NBC (9)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy