Mar 18, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
#27 James Hinchcliffe
• Team: Andretti Autosport
• Engine: Chevrolet
• Sponsors: GoDaddy.com
• 2012: 8th Place, Two Podiums, Five Top Fives
2012 WRAP: A tough second half put a damper on an otherwise solid season for Hinchcliffe, who rose as high as second in the championship before falling back to eighth after suffering three DNFs in the final seven races. Hinchcliffe notched his first IndyCar podium at Long Beach in April with a third-place result, and equaled that at the Milwaukee Mile. He was also a big hit with the fans, who voted him the series’ most popular driver.
2013 OUTLOOK: Hinchcliffe still has to grab that elusive first win, but he’s now fully acclimated at Andretti Autosport and he’ll be re-united with Craig Hampson, his former engineer at Newman-Haas Racing in his 2011 Rookie of the Year campaign. If he can keep out of trouble, there’s no reason to think he can’t be on the top step of the podium at least once in 2013. And rest assured, if that moment comes in front of his hometown fans in Toronto, they’ll go nuts.
Video from NASCAR America
- Caterham denies future is at risk despite goods being seized 1
- Simona de Silvestro’s F1 hopes at risk due to financial problems 6
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 23
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3