Mar 18, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
#25 Marco Andretti
- Team: Andretti Autosport
- Engine: Chevrolet
- Sponsors: Royal Crown Cola
- 2012: 16th, One Pole, One Podium
2012 WRAP: Andretti struggled mightily for much of last season, and especially so on the road/street circuits that make up the bulk of the schedule. His best finish on the twisty tracks was a middling 11th, achieved twice at both Barber Motorsports Park and Detroit’s Belle Isle Park. But the most grueling moment for him had to be at Indianapolis, where he led the most laps of any driver (59 laps) but ended his day with a crash on Lap 188.
2013 OUTLOOK: In addition to his car number, Andretti has changed his race craft over the winter (“Essentially, I was trying to make the front tires do two things at once,” he told IndyCar.com of his previous style in January). He’ll also have a new engineer on his No. 25 car – Blair Perschbacher, who moves up to IndyCar from Firestone Indy Lights. Altogether, it would appear to be a fresh start for the third-generation driver, and we’ll see if it makes for a more competitive run for him in 2013.
Video from NASCAR America
- Bubba Wallace pays homage to NASCAR Hall of Famer Wendell Scott with encore win at Martinsville 1
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 8
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1