Mar 18, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
#22 Oriol Servia
• Team: Panther + Dreyer & Reinbold Racing
• Engine: Chevrolet
• Sponsors: Mecum Auctions/WIX Filters/Charter/Valspar
• 2012: 13th Place, Four Top Fives
2012 WRAP: After slogging through the first four events with a Lotus engine, DRR struck a strategic alliance with Panther Racing and flipped to Chevrolet power. The change made for an immediate jump in performance, as Servia charged from 27th to fourth at the Indianapolis 500. The Spaniard would also collect top-fives at Belle Isle, Milwaukee and Toronto, but what made him so memorable in 2012 was his ability to overcome poor qualifying results, as he passed a record 107 cars for position over the course of the season.
2013 OUTLOOK: As fun as it was to see Servia slice through the field, one assumes he and Panther + DRR would rather start up front more often and not have so much work for race day. Servia averaged a starting position of 18.3 in 2012, and he started from 20th or worse in seven of 15 races. But he’s proven that he can race his way into the lead pack from anywhere, and if he and his team can improve their qualifying work, Servia stands a good chance of cracking the top 10 in the championship.
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 0
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 1
- Lewis Hamilton explains decision to reject #1 for 2015 1