Mar 18, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
Former Team Penske IndyCar driver Ryan Briscoe took the P2 class win in Saturday’s Mobil 1 12 Hours of Sebring sports car race in the American Le Mans Series. Briscoe co-drove the winning HPD ARX-03b for Level 5 Motorsports with team principal Scott Tucker and Marino Franchitti, Dario Franchitti’s younger brother.
“We’ve been here since last Friday. We’ve gone through some challenges but everyone has worked so hard,” said Briscoe. “They were up until 3 a.m. working on the cars and then they ran flawlessly. This was a race I wanted to win so bad, and I had issues before and to win with this team that Scott put together is great. The pit stops were absolutely perfect. We didn’t put a wheel off all day. We didn’t want to have an exciting race, we knew we just had to have a good day. It was great working with Marino, and Ryan Hunter-Reay and Simon Pagenaud as teammates.”
Briscoe does not have a full-season ride in the 2013 IndyCar Series. He had raced in ALMS, with a P2 class Porsche RS Spyder, before getting the promotion to Team Penske ahead of 2008 when he replaced Sam Hornish Jr.
The aforementioned Hunter-Reay and Pagenaud co-drove with Tucker in Level 5’s second car.
Audi won the race overall, with Corvette first in the GT class category. NBC Sports Network IndyCar analyst Townsend Bell’s car, a GT class Ferrari 458, was involved in an accident but driver Bill Sweedler walked away without injury.
- Rick Allen named lead NASCAR announcer for NBC Sports 1
- GP of America organizers issue statement on race postponement 10
- 2014 F1 schedule finalized without New Jersey, Mexico, and Korea 0
- Jeff Burton joins NBC Sports as NASCAR analyst 2
- IndyCar TV sked for 2014 released; 13 races to be shown on NBCSN 6
- GP of America organizers issue statement on race postponement (10)
- Stewart: There’s “a lot of potential” for Danica Patrick (7)
- NASCAR Sprint Cup silly season update for 2014 (7)
- Eddie Gossage: “Foolish move” by F1 to go head-to-head with NASCAR at Texas (7)
- FIA considering pole trophy and permanent numbers (6)