Mar 19, 2013, 12:04 AM EDT
The last domino on the IndyCar grid has fallen. Ana Beatriz will round out the 25-car St. Petersburg lineup in Dale Coyne’s second car, the No. 18 Dallara-Honda that should carry Ipiranga sponsorship. She tested for the team three out of the four sessions at Barber Motorsports Park last week.
This marks Beatriz’s fourth season of IndyCar, but only in 2011 did she compete full-time and therefore, on the streets of St. Petersburg. I 2011, Beatriz qualified 20th and finished 14th driving for Dreyer & Reinbold at St. Pete.
Beatriz and Stefan Wilson, younger brother of Justin Wilson, who is in the other Coyne entry, may share the second car this season. The elder Wilson has been confirmed to his third season with Coyne, second consecutive, on Monday.
Official practice for the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg begins on Friday.
- Ten with Townsend: Red Bull GRC 4 races in, post-MCAS New River 0
- Smiling Through the Rain: Silverstone proved that it isn’t all doom and gloom in F1 0
- NHRA: Anderson wins 4th of ’15, Stoffer over Sampey in 3rd all-female final in NHRA history; Kalitta, Beckman also win 1
- Ken Block seizes opportunity, wins Red Bull GRC at MCAS New River 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: British Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 0
- Emotional Hamilton tears up on last lap of British GP, thanks fans for support en route to win 1
- Hamilton weathers the storm to claim third British GP victory at Silverstone 2