Mar 19, 2013, 12:04 AM EST
The last domino on the IndyCar grid has fallen. Ana Beatriz will round out the 25-car St. Petersburg lineup in Dale Coyne’s second car, the No. 18 Dallara-Honda that should carry Ipiranga sponsorship. She tested for the team three out of the four sessions at Barber Motorsports Park last week.
This marks Beatriz’s fourth season of IndyCar, but only in 2011 did she compete full-time and therefore, on the streets of St. Petersburg. I 2011, Beatriz qualified 20th and finished 14th driving for Dreyer & Reinbold at St. Pete.
Beatriz and Stefan Wilson, younger brother of Justin Wilson, who is in the other Coyne entry, may share the second car this season. The elder Wilson has been confirmed to his third season with Coyne, second consecutive, on Monday.
Official practice for the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg begins on Friday.
Video from NASCAR America
- Sprint Cup champ Kevin Harvick: “I’m as comfortable as I’ve ever been” 0
- Danica Patrick enters final year of contract but wants to stay at Stewart-Haas 7
- Start times for 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races 8
- Bowyer on Gordon: “You’re never good with somebody when it got that ugly” 21
- NASCAR considers unveiling 2016 rules at Sprint All-Star Race in May 2
- Kyle Busch says Toyota teams are “idiots” by not working close together 20
- Brian France: State of NASCAR is in a good place and getting better 6