Mar 19, 2013, 12:04 AM EDT
The last domino on the IndyCar grid has fallen. Ana Beatriz will round out the 25-car St. Petersburg lineup in Dale Coyne’s second car, the No. 18 Dallara-Honda that should carry Ipiranga sponsorship. She tested for the team three out of the four sessions at Barber Motorsports Park last week.
This marks Beatriz’s fourth season of IndyCar, but only in 2011 did she compete full-time and therefore, on the streets of St. Petersburg. I 2011, Beatriz qualified 20th and finished 14th driving for Dreyer & Reinbold at St. Pete.
Beatriz and Stefan Wilson, younger brother of Justin Wilson, who is in the other Coyne entry, may share the second car this season. The elder Wilson has been confirmed to his third season with Coyne, second consecutive, on Monday.
Official practice for the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg begins on Friday.
- Sprint Cup final practice underway, running until 11 a.m. ET (UPDATED) 0
- Rosberg nails final Q3 lap to take fifth pole in six races 0
- Rosberg beats rain, red flags and Vettel for Hungary pole 0
- VIDEO: Hamilton’s qualifying goes up in flames after engine fire 0
- Sebastian Vettel “absolutely committed” to Red Bull 0