Mar 19, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
#67 Josef Newgarden
- Team: Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing
- Engine: Honda
- Sponsors: Century 21 (Indianapolis 500 only; will run No. 21 for race)
- 2012: 23rd Place, Top Finish of 11th
2012 WRAP: After claiming the 2011 Firestone Indy Lights title, Newgarden’s first season in IndyCar was an ultimately unsuccessful one. The American qualified six times inside the Top 10, but constantly found trouble, ranging from going into the tires at Long Beach on the first corner to losing out on a podium at Toronto thanks to an ill-timed block from Simon Pagenaud. Newgarden also missed the Baltimore round after suffering a broken finger in a crash with Sebastien Bourdais at Sonoma. His best finish came in the season-opener at St. Petersburg.
2013 OUTLOOK: Nobody doubts that Newgarden has talent, which he showed on numerous occasions only to have the potentially solid results go by the boards. Also, keep in mind that he and SFHR had some tough circumstances to deal with going into 2012 – chief among them being not having an engine to work with until just weeks left in the off-season (Bobby Rahal gave them the second Honda motor that was earmarked for his own team). They’re much more prepared this time around, and with some luck, their efforts should begin to pay off.
- Long: Journey for Wendell Scott’s family ends with a kiss (VIDEO) 0
- Elliott, Lorenzen, White, Scott, and Weatherly enter NASCAR Hall of Fame (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0
- Gridiron Challenge: NASCAR drivers take football stars for a spin (VIDEO) 0
- Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony headlines 6.5 hours of NASCAR on NBCSN 0
- Ferrari reveals SF15-T for 2015 Formula 1 season 4
- Sauber aims to beat the blues of 2014 with C34’s launch 2