Mar 19, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
#55 Tristan Vautier
- Team: Schmidt Peterson Motorsports
- Engine: Honda
- Sponsors: Florida Lottery (St. Petersburg only)
- 2012: Firestone Indy Lights Champion, Four Wins, Five Poles, Seven Podiums
2012 WRAP: After winning the 2011 Pro Mazda title, Vautier advanced to Firestone Indy Lights with Sam Schmidt Motorsports and continued the team’s dominant legacy in the series by earning them their sixth overall Lights title (and third in a row). The young Frenchman triumphed at St. Petersburg, Milwaukee, Trois-Rivieres and Baltimore en route to winning the championship by eight points over Esteban Guerreri of Argentina.
2013 OUTLOOK: Vautier has definitely earned his drive in the big leagues after consecutive titles along the Road To Indy development ladder. He’ll have an obvious learning curve to contend with, but because he’s stayed with the Schmidt camp for his jump to IndyCar, that curve shouldn’t be as steep as it could’ve been had he gone somewhere else. He’s been solid in off-season testing, and while a win may be too much to ask, it would nonetheless not be surprising to see him have some very good moments in 2013.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 13
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3
- Jeff Gordon advances to next round of Chase with first Dover victory since 2001 5
- Open letter from Kevin Ward Jr.’s aunt questions Tony Stewart, evidence of marijuana in nephew’s system 47
- Kyle Busch outduels Joey Logano for Nationwide win in Dover 2