Mar 19, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
#55 Tristan Vautier
- Team: Schmidt Peterson Motorsports
- Engine: Honda
- Sponsors: Florida Lottery (St. Petersburg only)
- 2012: Firestone Indy Lights Champion, Four Wins, Five Poles, Seven Podiums
2012 WRAP: After winning the 2011 Pro Mazda title, Vautier advanced to Firestone Indy Lights with Sam Schmidt Motorsports and continued the team’s dominant legacy in the series by earning them their sixth overall Lights title (and third in a row). The young Frenchman triumphed at St. Petersburg, Milwaukee, Trois-Rivieres and Baltimore en route to winning the championship by eight points over Esteban Guerreri of Argentina.
2013 OUTLOOK: Vautier has definitely earned his drive in the big leagues after consecutive titles along the Road To Indy development ladder. He’ll have an obvious learning curve to contend with, but because he’s stayed with the Schmidt camp for his jump to IndyCar, that curve shouldn’t be as steep as it could’ve been had he gone somewhere else. He’s been solid in off-season testing, and while a win may be too much to ask, it would nonetheless not be surprising to see him have some very good moments in 2013.
- Long: Journey for Wendell Scott’s family ends with a kiss (VIDEO) 0
- Elliott, Lorenzen, White, Scott, and Weatherly enter NASCAR Hall of Fame (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0
- Gridiron Challenge: NASCAR drivers take football stars for a spin (VIDEO) 0
- Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony headlines 6.5 hours of NASCAR on NBCSN 0
- Ferrari reveals SF15-T for 2015 Formula 1 season 4
- Sauber aims to beat the blues of 2014 with C34’s launch 2