Mar 20, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
NBC Sports Network’s 2013 coverage of the IZOD IndyCar Series kicks off with Ryan Hunter Reay: An American Champion, airing Thursday night at 7 p.m. ET.
Hunter-Reay overcame more than a 30-point deficit in the final two races of the 2012 season to become the first American champion in open-wheel racing since Sam Hornish Jr. in 2006, and the first in a unified open-wheel series since Al Unser Jr. in 1994.
NBC Sports Network’s new-look IndyCar booth makes its debut with Leigh Diffey as lead voice in his first year covering the IndyCar Series. He will be joined by returning race analyst and former NASCAR driver Wally Dallenbach, Jr., and newcomer to the booth, IndyCar driver Townsend Bell.
Jon Beekhuis, an analyst who has also served at the network since 2009, will now report from pit road. Veterans Kevin Lee and Brian Till will manage the pit, and will be joined by Robin Miller, the network’s IndyCar reporter.
The rest of NBC Sports Network’s IZOD IndyCar coverage from St. Petersburg is below. All are subject to change, and all times ET:
|Thurs., March 21||Ryan Hunter-Reay: An American Champion||7 p.m.|
|Sat., March 23||IndyCar Qualifying||2:30 p.m.|
|Sun., March 24||Indy Lights: Streets St. Petersburg||11 a.m.|
|Sun., March 24||Honda Indy Grand Prix of St. Petersburg||Noon|
|Tues., March 26||Honda Indy Grand Prix of St. Petersburg Re-Air||Midnight|
- Raikkonen: Yes, he’s still motivated, otherwise he wouldn’t be here 4
- Red Bull tweaks Mercedes over attempt to increase ‘Fuelgate’ punishment 3
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal 9
- Mercedes’ domination: Equivalent or different from Red Bull’s? 2
- Who is better off? 2013 vs 2014 F1 points comparison 0
More from NASCAR America
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (12)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)