Mar 20, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
#98 Alex Tagliani
- Team: Bryan Herta Autosport
- Engine: Honda
- Sponsors: Barracuda Networks
- 2012: 17th Place, One Pole, One Top Five
2012 WRAP: Lotus’ issues made for a poor start for Tagliani and BHA, which opted not to race at Sao Paulo in order to regroup for Indianapolis. There, the team was able to switch to Honda and immediately became more competitive; Tagliani rattled off three consecutive Top 10s after the switch and also won the pole at Texas. His best finish came at Edmonton (fifth), but it could have well come at the season-finale at Fontana – a race that he had a chance to win until a mechanical issue sidelined him with less than 25 laps remaining.
2013 OUTLOOK: Tagliani returns with his No. 98 team intact (including engineer Todd Molloy), which is very important. But considering how deep the field is, the French-Canadian must capitalize on starting up front. Excluding his pole at Texas, Tagliani netted four Top 10 starts within the final 10 races of 2012 but was unable to better his starting position at the finish in all of them (although, to be fair, a transmission problem knocked him out late at Iowa). If he can convert good qualifying efforts on race days, we could potentially see him hit a few podiums this season.
- NASCAR AMERICA: Thursday round-up (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar: A crucial weekend to commence at Mid-Ohio 0
- Mark Martin returning to Roush Fenway Racing in unique role 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Wednesday Round-Up Includes Denny Hamlin Interview (VIDEO) 3
- Greg Ives to become crew chief for Dale Earnhardt Jr. next season 12