Mar 20, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
#83 Charlie Kimball
- Team: Novo Nordisk Chip Ganassi Racing
- Engine: Honda
- Sponsors: Novo Nordisk
- 2012: 19th Place, One Podium, Six Top Tens
2012 WRAP: Kimball was unable to advance up the standings in 2012, but he still made noticeable progress in his sophomore season. The American collected his first podium in the series at Toronto, charging from 13th to finish second behind Ryan Hunter-Reay. In addition, he earned six top-10 finishes compared to the two that he had in his 2011 rookie season. Kimball may have been able to better his final championship result had he not fractured his hand in a July 26 testing crash at Mid-Ohio, which caused him to miss the race there one week later.
2013 OUTLOOK: It’s Kimball’s third season with the Ganassi camp and that continuity needs to translate to more consistent results. But after the good signs shown in 2012, he and his No. 83 team are feeling confident going into this year. Adding to that, race strategist Mitch Davis has said that the team’s been able to devote proper time to fine-tuning the car and working on pit stops this off-season – both of which they weren’t really able to do last year. Another one or two podiums and more top-five efforts may not be far off for this group.
Video from NASCAR America
- F1 2014 Review: Stories of the Season 0
- Toro Rosso confirms Carlos Sainz Jr. for 2015 F1 season 1
- F1 2014 Driver Review: Lewis Hamilton 0
- IndyCar’s Graham Rahal, NHRA’s Courtney Force engaged 12
- Police seek cause of death of race fan found near Talladega 0
- MST exclusive: BK Racing co-owner Anthony Marlowe apologizes for Cole Whitt/David Ragan tweet controversy 0
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2014 3