Mar 20, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
#83 Charlie Kimball
- Team: Novo Nordisk Chip Ganassi Racing
- Engine: Honda
- Sponsors: Novo Nordisk
- 2012: 19th Place, One Podium, Six Top Tens
2012 WRAP: Kimball was unable to advance up the standings in 2012, but he still made noticeable progress in his sophomore season. The American collected his first podium in the series at Toronto, charging from 13th to finish second behind Ryan Hunter-Reay. In addition, he earned six top-10 finishes compared to the two that he had in his 2011 rookie season. Kimball may have been able to better his final championship result had he not fractured his hand in a July 26 testing crash at Mid-Ohio, which caused him to miss the race there one week later.
2013 OUTLOOK: It’s Kimball’s third season with the Ganassi camp and that continuity needs to translate to more consistent results. But after the good signs shown in 2012, he and his No. 83 team are feeling confident going into this year. Adding to that, race strategist Mitch Davis has said that the team’s been able to devote proper time to fine-tuning the car and working on pit stops this off-season – both of which they weren’t really able to do last year. Another one or two podiums and more top-five efforts may not be far off for this group.
- Report: Cleveland out for 2016 IndyCar schedule, still possible for future 0
- It’s not the years, but the mileage for Scott Dixon going into 250th start 0
- CFH Racing looks to turn things around once again at Milwaukee 0
- Welcome back, Wilson: Englishman back with Andretti for rest of 2015 1
- DiZinno: Daytona fence crash ripple effect could extend to other motorsports 8
- Ten with Townsend: Red Bull GRC 4 races in, post-MCAS New River 0
- Smiling Through the Rain: Silverstone proved that it isn’t all doom and gloom in F1 2