Mar 20, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
#78 Simona de Silvestro
- Team: KV Racing Technology
- Engine: Chevrolet
- Sponsors: Nuclear Clean Air Energy
- 2012: 24th Place, Top Finish of 13th
2012 WRAP: De Silvestro’s season was a lost cause almost from the very beginning thanks primarily to the engine woes of Lotus (which exited the IZOD IndyCar Series at the end of 2012). With the other Lotus teams managing to break away to either Chevrolet or Honda, she and HVM Racing were left to soldier on at a major power deficit from Indianapolis onward. Her best moment came at Detroit, when she moved up 12 spots on the most narrow track on the circuit to finish 13th for what would be her top result of an otherwise dreadful campaign.
2013 OUTLOOK: A new season brings new hope for De Silvestro, who now has a Bowtie behind her and more resources to tap into at KV Racing Technology. Chief among those resources will be 2004 series champion Tony Kanaan (the first teammate she’s ever had in IndyCar) and veteran engineer Gerald Tyler, who moved over to KVRT with her. De Silvestro suffered through a brutal 2012, but now she has the chance to take advantage of a good opportunity. Don’t be surprised if she does just that.
- Rosberg fastest once again in second British GP practice 0
- Rosberg tops FP1 at Silverstone after gearbox change 0
- NHRA: Tony Pedregon hopes to keep momentum going in Norwalk 0
- NHRA: New president Peter Clifford full of ideas to get drag racing back on-track 8
- Ryan Briscoe making most of filling in for James Hinchcliffe 0
- F1 Strategy Group pushing through technical revolution for 2017, other changes planned as early as Belgian GP 6
- 2015 British Grand Prix Preview 1