Mar 20, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
Autosport has reported that despite Formula 1 drivers paying more for their FIA Super Licenses, they are still being fined for pit lane violations. Allegedly, as a part of the increased fees, additional fines for any infringements would already be included.
During the Australian Grand Prix weekend, Felipe Massa (Ferrari), Nico Hulkenberg (Sauber), Adrian Sutil (Force India) and Valtteri Bottas (Williams, right) were all fined for speeding in the pits.
“As the GPDA (Grand Prix Drivers Association), we are currently looking at that in terms of where we are,” Hulkenberg told Autosport. “It is a bit unclear at the moment.”
The GPDA and FIA are expected to discuss the matter in short order to make sure the two sides are on the same page with regards to the Sporting Regulations.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR considers unveiling 2016 rules at Sprint All-Star Race in May 1
- Kyle Busch says Toyota teams are “idiots” by not working close together 7
- Brian France: State of NASCAR is in a good place and getting better 2
- NASCAR Hall of Famer Dale Jarrett to join NASCAR coverage on NBC, NBCSN 4
- F1: Lotus releases images of its new Mercedes-powered E23 2
- NASCAR Media Tour begins today, but drivers still in idle 2
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. ponders a 24-hour NASCAR race 8