Mar 20, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Autosport has reported that despite Formula 1 drivers paying more for their FIA Super Licenses, they are still being fined for pit lane violations. Allegedly, as a part of the increased fees, additional fines for any infringements would already be included.
During the Australian Grand Prix weekend, Felipe Massa (Ferrari), Nico Hulkenberg (Sauber), Adrian Sutil (Force India) and Valtteri Bottas (Williams, right) were all fined for speeding in the pits.
“As the GPDA (Grand Prix Drivers Association), we are currently looking at that in terms of where we are,” Hulkenberg told Autosport. “It is a bit unclear at the moment.”
The GPDA and FIA are expected to discuss the matter in short order to make sure the two sides are on the same page with regards to the Sporting Regulations.
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 4
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 0
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 3
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 9
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 4
- Helio Castroneves leads halfway through the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Mid-Ohio (1:30 p.m. ET, CNBC and Live Extra) 0