Mar 20, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Autosport has reported that despite Formula 1 drivers paying more for their FIA Super Licenses, they are still being fined for pit lane violations. Allegedly, as a part of the increased fees, additional fines for any infringements would already be included.
During the Australian Grand Prix weekend, Felipe Massa (Ferrari), Nico Hulkenberg (Sauber), Adrian Sutil (Force India) and Valtteri Bottas (Williams, right) were all fined for speeding in the pits.
“As the GPDA (Grand Prix Drivers Association), we are currently looking at that in terms of where we are,” Hulkenberg told Autosport. “It is a bit unclear at the moment.”
The GPDA and FIA are expected to discuss the matter in short order to make sure the two sides are on the same page with regards to the Sporting Regulations.
- Rosberg fastest once again in second British GP practice 0
- Rosberg tops FP1 at Silverstone after gearbox change 0
- NHRA: Tony Pedregon hopes to keep momentum going in Norwalk 0
- NHRA: New president Peter Clifford full of ideas to get drag racing back on-track 8
- Ryan Briscoe making most of filling in for James Hinchcliffe 0
- F1 Strategy Group pushing through technical revolution for 2017, other changes planned as early as Belgian GP 6
- 2015 British Grand Prix Preview 1