Mar 20, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Autosport has reported that despite Formula 1 drivers paying more for their FIA Super Licenses, they are still being fined for pit lane violations. Allegedly, as a part of the increased fees, additional fines for any infringements would already be included.
During the Australian Grand Prix weekend, Felipe Massa (Ferrari), Nico Hulkenberg (Sauber), Adrian Sutil (Force India) and Valtteri Bottas (Williams, right) were all fined for speeding in the pits.
“As the GPDA (Grand Prix Drivers Association), we are currently looking at that in terms of where we are,” Hulkenberg told Autosport. “It is a bit unclear at the moment.”
The GPDA and FIA are expected to discuss the matter in short order to make sure the two sides are on the same page with regards to the Sporting Regulations.
- Juan Pablo Montoya, Will Power go looking for fun, wind up with ‘Sex Tape’ 1
- Brickyard owes Juan Pablo Montoya one, but will it pay off Sunday? 1
- Everyone worried about a Kenseth win — except Matt himself 0
- Hungarian GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Matt Kenseth fastest in Friday’s Sprint Cup practice at Indy 0