Mar 20, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Autosport has reported that despite Formula 1 drivers paying more for their FIA Super Licenses, they are still being fined for pit lane violations. Allegedly, as a part of the increased fees, additional fines for any infringements would already be included.
During the Australian Grand Prix weekend, Felipe Massa (Ferrari), Nico Hulkenberg (Sauber), Adrian Sutil (Force India) and Valtteri Bottas (Williams, right) were all fined for speeding in the pits.
“As the GPDA (Grand Prix Drivers Association), we are currently looking at that in terms of where we are,” Hulkenberg told Autosport. “It is a bit unclear at the moment.”
The GPDA and FIA are expected to discuss the matter in short order to make sure the two sides are on the same page with regards to the Sporting Regulations.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 7 p.m. ET recaps Talladega 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 1
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 1
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 3
- What will NASCAR fans do now that their favorite drivers are eliminated from Chase? 9
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10