Mar 21, 2013, 6:45 PM EST
Jules Bianchi was one of the stars of the Australian Grand Prix last weekend, and the French driver has revealed he is enjoying the success following his highly impressive debut.
“It has been nice to take a couple of days in Australia to really absorb the experience of my first Formula 1 race last weekend.
“There were quite a lot of new things to be faced with, including driving a race of that distance for the first time and bringing together everything that I had learned in the days before.”
Bianchi finished an impressive fifteenth for Marussia, one lap ahead of Caterham’s Charles Pic, and his fastest lap was just 0.045 seconds slower than that of defending world champion Sebastian Vettel. Despite the success, Bianchi is keeping his feet on the ground as he looks to build upon the result in Malaysia.
“Although my debut went well, there are some areas that I need to work on and where I can improve – as you would expect – so this race we will have a little more time and experience to think about what we need to do to keep pushing forward. I’ve done some work in the simulator and I think Sepang is a circuit I’m going to enjoy.”
Ferrari Driver Academy member Bianchi also spoke about the challenging weather conditions he is expecting for the race.
“I know the challenge it brings in terms of the heat and humidity, so I’m prepared for that.”
Rain is forecast for the race on Sunday, but should Bianchi manage to tame the wet conditions he could find himself bettering his Australian GP result, and perhaps even target Marussia’s first F1 points.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR Hall of Famer Dale Jarrett to join NASCAR coverage on NBC, NBCSN 0
- F1: Lotus releases images of its new Mercedes-powered E23 1
- NASCAR Media Tour begins today, but drivers still in idle 2
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. ponders a 24-hour NASCAR race 6
- ‘Do you get mad when your boyfriend wrecks you?’ Danica Patrick faces kids’ pressing questions 5
- Jeff Gordon to serve as NASCAR TV analyst this season 17
- Ganassi’s No. 02 Riley-Ford Scores Rolex 24 Victory 3