Mar 21, 2013, 7:56 AM EST
Formula 1’s opening race winner of 2013, Kimi Raikkonen (Lotus), and its five rookies, Esteban Gutierrez (Sauber), Valtteri Bottas (Williams), Giedo van der Garde (Caterham) and Jules Bianchi and Max Chilton (Marussia) participated in Thursday’s FIA press conference ahead of the Malaysian Grand Prix.
Here’s an excerpt from Raikkonen when asked whether he thinks Lotus can open the season with its second win of the year in much hotter temperatures.
“Last year we were pretty good when it was hot and actually it was better for us, but obviously we haven’t run in this kind of conditions and the winter has been very cold, so I have no idea,” admitted Raikkonen. “But if it’s anything like it was last year we should be pretty OK, but we have to wait and see how it goes.”
The full transcript can be found on the official Formula 1 website.
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 0
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 1
- Lewis Hamilton explains decision to reject #1 for 2015 1