Mar 21, 2013, 7:56 AM EDT
Formula 1’s opening race winner of 2013, Kimi Raikkonen (Lotus), and its five rookies, Esteban Gutierrez (Sauber), Valtteri Bottas (Williams), Giedo van der Garde (Caterham) and Jules Bianchi and Max Chilton (Marussia) participated in Thursday’s FIA press conference ahead of the Malaysian Grand Prix.
Here’s an excerpt from Raikkonen when asked whether he thinks Lotus can open the season with its second win of the year in much hotter temperatures.
“Last year we were pretty good when it was hot and actually it was better for us, but obviously we haven’t run in this kind of conditions and the winter has been very cold, so I have no idea,” admitted Raikkonen. “But if it’s anything like it was last year we should be pretty OK, but we have to wait and see how it goes.”
The full transcript can be found on the official Formula 1 website.
- DiZinno: Daytona fence crash ripple effect could extend to other motorsports 4
- Ten with Townsend: Red Bull GRC 4 races in, post-MCAS New River 0
- Smiling Through the Rain: Silverstone proved that it isn’t all doom and gloom in F1 2
- NHRA: Anderson wins 4th of ’15, Stoffer over Sampey in 3rd all-female final in NHRA history; Kalitta, Beckman also win 2
- Ken Block seizes opportunity, wins Red Bull GRC at MCAS New River 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: British Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 0
- Emotional Hamilton tears up on last lap of British GP, thanks fans for support en route to win 1