Mar 22, 2013, 10:00 AM EST
Novo Nordisk Chip Ganassi Racing driver Charlie Kimball enters his third IZOD IndyCar Series season with high hopes of scoring his first victory, after recording his first podium finish at Toronto last year with second place.
Kimball is the first licensed driver with Type 1 diabetes to complete the Indianapolis 500, where he has finished 13th and eighth in his first two attempts. He appeared on NBC Sports Network’s “The Crossover” to tell his story and explain the Race with Insulin program.
Video from NASCAR America
- IndyCar’s Graham Rahal, NHRA’s Courtney Force engaged 9
- Police seek cause of death of race fan found near Talladega 0
- MST exclusive: BK Racing co-owner Anthony Marlowe apologizes for Cole Whitt/David Ragan tweet controversy 0
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2014 2
- Sam Hornish Jr. has much to be thankful for: new home, renewed Sprint Cup hopes with Richard Petty Motorsports 5
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 6
- Mercedes reserve Wehrlein leads final Abu Dhabi test day to end 2014 0