Mar 22, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Novo Nordisk Chip Ganassi Racing driver Charlie Kimball enters his third IZOD IndyCar Series season with high hopes of scoring his first victory, after recording his first podium finish at Toronto last year with second place.
Kimball is the first licensed driver with Type 1 diabetes to complete the Indianapolis 500, where he has finished 13th and eighth in his first two attempts. He appeared on NBC Sports Network’s “The Crossover” to tell his story and explain the Race with Insulin program.
Video from NASCAR America
- It’s official: Tony Stewart to miss Bristol race, Jeff Burton to once again drive No. 14 3
- When — or will — Tony Stewart ever race again? 2
- Andre Lotterer confirmed for Caterham debut at Spa 6
- NASCAR: Joe Gibbs hopeful for eventual return of Tony Stewart 12
- The 2014 Milwaukee IndyFest weekend high on promise, with more positives than negatives 5
- NASCAR’s worst-kept secret is official: Carl Edwards joins Joe Gibbs Racing from 2015 4
- Report: Comcast’s Xfinity, NASCAR closer to series sponsorship deal 0