Mar 22, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Novo Nordisk Chip Ganassi Racing driver Charlie Kimball enters his third IZOD IndyCar Series season with high hopes of scoring his first victory, after recording his first podium finish at Toronto last year with second place.
Kimball is the first licensed driver with Type 1 diabetes to complete the Indianapolis 500, where he has finished 13th and eighth in his first two attempts. He appeared on NBC Sports Network’s “The Crossover” to tell his story and explain the Race with Insulin program.
Video from NASCAR America
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 1
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 5
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 10
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 14
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3