Mar 23, 2013, 7:26 AM EDT
Kimi Raikkonen has received a three place grid penalty for blocking Nico Rosberg during qualifying for the Malaysian Grand Prix.
Rosberg protested to his team about Raikkonen during the final qualifying session after his lap was compromised by the Lotus driver at turn 14.
Following a stewards’ enquiry, the decision was taken to relegate Raikkonen three places on the grid.
Raikkonen, who won the season-opening Australian Grand Prix last weekend, had qualified seventh during a close qualifying session that saw the Q3 runners tackle a drying circuit on intermediate tires. He struggled to repeat his practice form from Friday, and qualified seventh, although he did start P7 in Australia en route to the race win.
Following this penalty though, Raikkonen will start P10. Subsequently, Jenson Button, Adrian Sutil and Sergio Perez will all move up one place on the grid.
- Power steals final pole of IndyCar’s 2015 season with new track record at Sonoma 2
- Oriol Servia reflects on his friend Justin Wilson, as he races No. 25 car at Sonoma (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s championship contenders ready their thoughts, minds for Sonoma finale 1
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 5