Mar 23, 2013, 11:00 PM EST
Busch took the lead from Hornish with 25 laps to go and pulled away to extend Joe Gibbs Racing’s winning streak in the NNS at ACS to a staggering nine races (Busch himself has six of those wins). However, he remains cognizant of the fact that neither his team or his manufacturer, Toyota, has ever claimed a Sprint Cup win at the two-mile oval in Southern California.
“I think it’s pretty cool that you can see a team go to a race track and dominate like that in the series, although it’s really awkward because we have nine in a row in the Nationwide Series and JGR has yet to win a Cup race here,” Busch said. “That’s quite an odd stat, but we’re working hard at it. I know [pole sitter] Denny [Hamlin] is really good for tomorrow and I think we’re okay for tomorrow, too.
“Hopefully, we can change that.”
Busch’s win on Saturday was his 54th in the NNS, and equaled his personal best at a single track; The Rowdy One also has six NNS victories at Charlotte Motor Speedway. He’ll start fourth in tomorrow’s 400-mile Cup event.
- Manor passes final crash tests ahead of Australian GP 1
- WATCH: Mercedes F1: Road to Repeat at 8 p.m. ET highlights F1 block on NBCSN 0
- Manor Marussia F1 confirms trip to Melbourne 3
- Agag: Formula E off to “incredible start” heading into U.S. swing 2
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 3
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1