Mar 24, 2013, 4:12 PM EDT
As controversial as his drive to victory may have been on Sunday in Malaysia, things are indeed back to normal for Infiniti Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel — who jumped to the top of the Formula One World Championship with his third career win at Sepang. Vettel will take a nine-point lead, 40-31, over Lotus’ Kimi Raikkonen (who finished seventh on Sunday) to the next race at Shanghai on Apr. 14.
Let’s take a quick ride around the 3.4-mile Sepang circuit with the three-time defending World Champion, who will be the first subject of NBC Sports Network’s newest addition to its “36” sports documentary series — F1 36. The inaugural episode, which will have cameras following Vettel for 36 hours on and off the track, will air this Friday at 7 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 0
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 4
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 7
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0
- Teaser clip: F1 on NBC’s “Off the Grid” hits Mexico (VIDEO) 1
- Power on pole in Penske top-four sweep of St. Petersburg qualifying 1
- One spectator killed, others injured, at VLN Endurance event in Germany 4