Mar 24, 2013, 4:12 PM EDT
As controversial as his drive to victory may have been on Sunday in Malaysia, things are indeed back to normal for Infiniti Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel — who jumped to the top of the Formula One World Championship with his third career win at Sepang. Vettel will take a nine-point lead, 40-31, over Lotus’ Kimi Raikkonen (who finished seventh on Sunday) to the next race at Shanghai on Apr. 14.
Let’s take a quick ride around the 3.4-mile Sepang circuit with the three-time defending World Champion, who will be the first subject of NBC Sports Network’s newest addition to its “36” sports documentary series — F1 36. The inaugural episode, which will have cameras following Vettel for 36 hours on and off the track, will air this Friday at 7 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 7 p.m. ET recaps Talladega 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 1
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 1
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 3
- What will NASCAR fans do now that their favorite drivers are eliminated from Chase? 9
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10