Mar 29, 2013, 9:30 PM EST
American young gun Conor Daly is keeping busy overseas in GP2 and GP3, but he might be coming home to tackle his first Indianapolis 500.
In a piece for SPEEDTV.com, NBC Sports Network reporter Robin Miller writes that the 22-year-old son of former F1 and IndyCar racer Derek Daly is being discussed as a possible teammate for Takuma Sato at A.J. Foyt Racing during this year’s Greatest Spectacle in Racing. Conor tested Sato’s No. 14 machine this offseason at Sebring International Raceway in Florida(some of which you can see below).
Daly finished 13th and seventh last weekend in his inaugural GP2 races at Sepang International Circuit in Malaysia. He has competed in the GP3 category for the last two seasons.
In 2011, he competed in five Firestone Indy Lights events for Sam Schmidt Motorsports, bagging a victory at Long Beach and a runner-up in the season-opening race at St. Petersburg.
- Schumacher “still in the wake up phase” 0
- Driver, team owner and now actor: Tony Stewart’s first edition of ‘Smoke is The Bandit’ is released (video) 0
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed 6
- Williams launches new livery, confirms Martini partnership 3
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix 4
- Instead of significant improvement, 2014 starting off the way 2013 ended for Danica Patrick (10)
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (6)
- UPDATED: FIA decision on Haas, new F1 teams delayed (5)