Mar 29, 2013, 9:30 PM EST
American young gun Conor Daly is keeping busy overseas in GP2 and GP3, but he might be coming home to tackle his first Indianapolis 500.
In a piece for SPEEDTV.com, NBC Sports Network reporter Robin Miller writes that the 22-year-old son of former F1 and IndyCar racer Derek Daly is being discussed as a possible teammate for Takuma Sato at A.J. Foyt Racing during this year’s Greatest Spectacle in Racing. Conor tested Sato’s No. 14 machine this offseason at Sebring International Raceway in Florida(some of which you can see below).
Daly finished 13th and seventh last weekend in his inaugural GP2 races at Sepang International Circuit in Malaysia. He has competed in the GP3 category for the last two seasons.
In 2011, he competed in five Firestone Indy Lights events for Sam Schmidt Motorsports, bagging a victory at Long Beach and a runner-up in the season-opening race at St. Petersburg.
Video from NASCAR America
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 2
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0