Mar 29, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
American young gun Conor Daly is keeping busy overseas in GP2 and GP3, but he might be coming home to tackle his first Indianapolis 500.
In a piece for SPEEDTV.com, NBC Sports Network reporter Robin Miller writes that the 22-year-old son of former F1 and IndyCar racer Derek Daly is being discussed as a possible teammate for Takuma Sato at A.J. Foyt Racing during this year’s Greatest Spectacle in Racing. Conor tested Sato’s No. 14 machine this offseason at Sebring International Raceway in Florida(some of which you can see below).
Daly finished 13th and seventh last weekend in his inaugural GP2 races at Sepang International Circuit in Malaysia. He has competed in the GP3 category for the last two seasons.
In 2011, he competed in five Firestone Indy Lights events for Sam Schmidt Motorsports, bagging a victory at Long Beach and a runner-up in the season-opening race at St. Petersburg.
- Bell: “A wild Indy 500 without the finish we desired” 0
- Rosberg joins Hill, Prost and Senna as Monaco three-peat winners after gifted victory 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 2
- Montoya rallies for second Indianapolis 500 victory (VIDEO) 8
- Hamilton: Impossible to express how I feel after Monaco defeat 4
- Rosberg lucks in to third straight Monaco GP win after Mercedes’ mistake costs Hamilton victory 52