Mar 29, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
American young gun Conor Daly is keeping busy overseas in GP2 and GP3, but he might be coming home to tackle his first Indianapolis 500.
In a piece for SPEEDTV.com, NBC Sports Network reporter Robin Miller writes that the 22-year-old son of former F1 and IndyCar racer Derek Daly is being discussed as a possible teammate for Takuma Sato at A.J. Foyt Racing during this year’s Greatest Spectacle in Racing. Conor tested Sato’s No. 14 machine this offseason at Sebring International Raceway in Florida(some of which you can see below).
Daly finished 13th and seventh last weekend in his inaugural GP2 races at Sepang International Circuit in Malaysia. He has competed in the GP3 category for the last two seasons.
In 2011, he competed in five Firestone Indy Lights events for Sam Schmidt Motorsports, bagging a victory at Long Beach and a runner-up in the season-opening race at St. Petersburg.
- F1 2015’s silly season is proving to be a let down, but who could yet spice it up? 2
- 2015 Italian Grand Prix Preview 0
- James Hinchcliffe on the comeback trail for IndyCar driving return 0
- Bottas and Massa to remain with Williams for 2016 1
- Here are your TV times for this weekend’s Italian Grand Prix on NBCSN, Live Extra 0
- James Hinchcliffe describes how inspired he was by Justin Wilson 1
- Dixon: “I don’t think anybody had a stellar season” 13