Mar 30, 2013, 2:45 PM EDT
Caterham’s Charles Pic is continuing to stay positive about his move to the team from Marussia despite a relative lack of pace in the first two races of the Formula One season.
“I don’t see things like that,” the Frenchman told Autosport. “I had a great year with Marussia [last year], but now I am very happy to be with Caterham for this year and the future. It’s not frustrating at all.
“There are some areas where we need to progress and that’s it. It’s our job to fix issues and make steps forward.”
Pic has been able to improve upon his starting positions with his finishes at both Australia and Malaysia; he qualified 22nd and finished 16th Down Under and then qualified 20th and finished 14th at Sepang. His Caterham teammate, Giedo van der Garde, has also finished higher than his starts in both races as well.
But Marussia’s impressive rookie, Jules Bianchi, has managed to out-qualify and then beat both Caterham drivers (as well as his own teammate, England’s Max Chilton) in those events. Bianchi finished 15th in Australia (qualified 19th) and 13th in Malaysia (qualified 19th).
Pic believes that upcoming upgrades will help him and van der Garde make performance gains.
“We have to wait a few races [for updates], but I have trust in the team so I’m sure we can have a good step forward,” Pic told Autosport.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 1
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 3
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2