Mar 30, 2013, 2:45 PM EST
Caterham’s Charles Pic is continuing to stay positive about his move to the team from Marussia despite a relative lack of pace in the first two races of the Formula One season.
“I don’t see things like that,” the Frenchman told Autosport. “I had a great year with Marussia [last year], but now I am very happy to be with Caterham for this year and the future. It’s not frustrating at all.
“There are some areas where we need to progress and that’s it. It’s our job to fix issues and make steps forward.”
Pic has been able to improve upon his starting positions with his finishes at both Australia and Malaysia; he qualified 22nd and finished 16th Down Under and then qualified 20th and finished 14th at Sepang. His Caterham teammate, Giedo van der Garde, has also finished higher than his starts in both races as well.
But Marussia’s impressive rookie, Jules Bianchi, has managed to out-qualify and then beat both Caterham drivers (as well as his own teammate, England’s Max Chilton) in those events. Bianchi finished 15th in Australia (qualified 19th) and 13th in Malaysia (qualified 19th).
Pic believes that upcoming upgrades will help him and van der Garde make performance gains.
“We have to wait a few races [for updates], but I have trust in the team so I’m sure we can have a good step forward,” Pic told Autosport.
- Joey Logano wins Vegas pole, Penske claims front row again 0
- 5 storylines that could define the 2014 F1 season 1
- Indianapolis 500 2014 Qualifying Format Revealed 5
- Schumacher “still in the wake up phase” 0
- Driver, team owner and now actor: Tony Stewart’s first edition of ‘Smoke is The Bandit’ is released (video) 0
- Instead of significant improvement, 2014 starting off the way 2013 ended for Danica Patrick (10)
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (6)
- Disastrous day for Red Bull as Vettel manages just half a lap (5)