Mar 30, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
Sauber team principal Monisha Kaltenborn has praised Nico Hulkenberg’s fighting spirit following a difficult start to the season for the German driver.
Hulkenberg failed to start the Australian Grand Prix due to a fuel system failure, but despite this setback he managed to finish a strong P8 in Malaysia. He did make his displeasure with the team known though, telling them “we have work to do” over the radio at the end of the race.
“Of course you can see it’s tough for us to keep certain cars behind us,” said Kaltenborn. “But I think that Nico did a very good job and fought as well as he could.
“He fought a lot but still he could hang on to them, which was very good. We see in him a very efficient driver and a fast driver.”
Kaltenborn also told Autosport that the team was slightly behind schedule following Hulkenberg’s poor luck in Australia, but she was confident that Sauber could emulate their successful 2012 season this year.
“Of course we lost out on collecting all of the data we could in the first race. Importantly now with the data we’ve collected, we analyse it properly at home because we need an understanding of that to see where we can still improve.
“For us we can clearly say that we are convinced in the potential of the car.”
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR Hall of Fame special and induction ceremony at 7 p.m. ET 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0
- Gridiron Challenge: NASCAR drivers take football stars for a spin (VIDEO) 0
- Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony headlines 6.5 hours of NASCAR on NBCSN 0
- Ferrari reveals SF15-T for 2015 Formula 1 season 4
- Sauber aims to beat the blues of 2014 with C34’s launch 1
- Track executive arrested, charged with lewdness with 19-year-old 0